584,874 active members*
4,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Resequencing program in fanuc 18i control

Resequencing program in fanuc 18i control

I know you can set a parameter to sequence the program during input but is there a way you can resequence the program in the control? For example, the Fadals you can enter NU,1 and it will resequence the program by 1's and if you enter NU,5 it will do it by 5's
    Thanks for the help

Milling machine

Do you mean when typing code into the control it adds the N10,N20 etc at the beginning of the block as you enter it ? If this is what your trying to do on the 18i I believe it is parameter 0000 bit 5 set to 1. I do not believe that there is a way you can adjust to go by 5's or 10's.

Stevo

Thanks for replying Stevo,
    But what I meant was, if I load a program into the control and it was Numbered in 5's, ex: N5 blah blah, N10 blah blah and then I insert a line it will insert a N in front of the line but it's not in sequence. Example
    N5 G0G90X0.Y0S1000M3
    N10 G43 Z1.H1
    N15 Z.1
    N1 G01Z0.F50.
    N20 X10.F35.

In this example I inserted the G01Z0.F50. line and it added N1. So now I would like to tell control to renumber the program so all the N's are in order. Is that possible? I don't think it is, but it would be nice it it was. Because at some point it will repeat like N5 and N10 and you will have two of them in there so if you want to do a search of N5 for example to do a mid program start you need to be sure that it is the correct N5.
    Thanks,
    Bob

I dont think the line numbers are needed. We use the line number at toolchange for easy locating. Then the number is equal to the toolnumber. Besides we are using line numbers for jumping around the program IF THEN GOTO etc.
    No line number = more memory

Bent

Your right Bent, that no line numbers do equal more memory but they do make life a little easier to do mid-prorogram starts or explaining to an operator where to insert a line etc. It's also makes life a little easier when your scouring over a hard copy and see where you want to edit program and then do that edit at control, just look at the line numbers and go right there. I know there is a million ways to do any one thing, it's just the way your used to doing it that makes the most sense for you. Also as a programmer I always release the programs numbered by 5's and when we get them in the machine we all renumber them by 1's so when I am looking at a program to make a revision for example if I see the 1's then I know that program came from the machine, if I see 5's then it's a pretty good bet it is my original work (mistakes?? lol). So that is the main reason I was asking, I like to renumber and download proved out program. Of course we always initial and date it as well so it's not a disaster if I can't renumber.
    Thanks for your input. It always facinates me how people in different shops/parts of the country do things.
    Bob

ios1000. I found something in my 15 controls. I know your on a 18i and I don't think that there is a way to accomplish what you want. But as in my first post it is parameter 0 bit 5=1 that will turn on the number sequence. However in my 15 manual there is parameter 32 it is Increment of sequence number. So if it is set to 5 it will go N5, N10. I could not find this in the 18i manual.

Good luck,
    Stevo