584,842 active members*
4,196 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

loading program

hello, im trying to load a work nc file into the haas controler. it will not let me due to not enough space on the controler. is there a way i can drip feed, or run the program right off of the usb?
    thanks in advanced,

yes, just load the usb stick and when you select the file hit the select program file instead of trying to load it on to your machine and hit start. The only thing you cant do it alter the program or start in the middle. See you manual if you need more details or the haas website.

Do you have a hard drive on the Haas? When I first got on the Haas, I loaded everything in Memory. Not a large space. Then I figured out how to use the hard drive and it opened up MUCH more space.

Thanks alot, i will try that in the morning. Been soo busy dont realy have time to figure out the new machine. just need to keep the spindles turning lol

yes i do have a hard drive. not too sure on how to use it.

To me, it was a little strange getting a program into the hard drive.
    Cursor down to USB Device, Right arrow, cursor to program you want on the USB, Write/Enter, Left arrow, cursor up to Hard Drive, Right arrow, then press F2.
    The next fun thing is you can't edit the program in the hard drive but you can start at any tool change (maybe more but I've not tried).
    To start at a tool change the screen must not be in Current Comds. When in Memory, press Prgrm Convrs, (the program is full screen) then type the N# for the tool you want to start at, and press arrow down. It'll search and go to it. Press Current Comds, then cycle start.

OK, you already knew that but those were the things that took me a while to get. Good luck.