586,024 active members*
4,505 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > cut single, cut auto and cut all???

cut single, cut auto and cut all???

I have a 3D part in V19 and want to rough it out with .025 per pass.Should I use cut auto?? I did cut all and it went right to depth with my step over. I am still trying to learn which one I want to use and when.

The first thing you should check, before using "Machine All", is that the only geometry on the screen is that you wish to cut. This way it doesn't produce unwanted code.
    "Machine Auto" is a good way to control what is being cut, because you can select the geometry prior to calling the function. You can determine the direction more easily as well.
    The "Machine Single" is good if you haven't got a large number of entities. It allows you, of course, to cut an individual entity. This way you can not only control the direction of the cut, but the order of cutting each entity.
    If you are getting code to depth, it sounds like you might not have the "3D" button clicked on the NC-CAM window. In order to generate "3D" code you need to have this button depressed. It will then pay no attention to the "Cutting Depth", it will use the "Max Depth Each Cut", however, to generate a roughing program. The button is second from the bottom on the left hand side of the NC-CAM window. I hope this helps.

Regards

I tried everything to produce a good code with no luck. I did some playing around and this is what I found. After I generate the toolpath I incremented it down half the tool. I didn't know that when I did this right after generating it I also moved the part down that much. So I unselected everything then selected just the toolpath then inserted the NC. Does this sound sound like I did it the right way???
    Now the next thing.
    I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't step down in the roughing cycle. Now I know. When I selected the fixture offset I picked the define offset and entered "1" for E01. Thats is wrong. I tried the other offset option that has them all listed " E01, E02" and so on. This threw in the G10 and G11 codes that my machine doesn't like so thats why I did it the other way. Anyway I removed the unwanted G codes after selection and finally got a program that Looks right!!! It did the roughing cycle just like it is suppose to.I have been trying for months!!!!!
    Does this sound right?????
    I am waiting to try running it to see what happens when I get my work caught up. I am not sure if this all sounds right so I will wait until I get a response. Thanks :banana:

It sounds ok...but it also sounds like you need some clarification on the post processor options. As long as the code looks good, preview it on the control if possible. You may also want to contact support and get some assistance on the post options.

Regards