585,977 active members*
3,715 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pendant question

I've Camsoft plus and have yet to get a pendant. What type of connection does Camsoft's mid-level pendant use? (the $1295 one)

Thanks
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

nelZ,

The cable that is provided is a standard DB 25 pin cable, which means you can extend it up to 150 ft total by adding to the end of our another store bought DB 25 cable.

The connections inside are direct digital I/O and analog 10V signals that connect to our terminal strips directly.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    [email protected]
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    www.cnccontrols.com
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the quick reply. Where does the DB-25 go into? Another PCI card?
    i build the braces that keep american teeth straight......tick tick tick

Clip from manual: (there's a lot more)

How do you want to connect (wire) the 25-pin serial cable to the ICM module?
    CamSoft has provided a standard 25-pin serial cable with the Pendant for you to connect to the ICM module. This can be connected directly to the ICM module by cutting off one end of the cable to expose the wires. Be sure not to cut the wrong end of the cable. To do this, plug one end of the cable to the bottom of the Pendant then cut off the other end to expose the wires.

An alternate way would be to purchase a 25-pin D-Sub connector and some extra wire that you could wire to the ICM module and mount externally to the ICM box or cut a rectangular hole in the ICM to mount the D-Sub connector. With this method you will not have to cut one end of the provided cable off and to replace the cable would be much easier because all you would need to do is buy a new one and plug it in.

Connecting the wires to the ICM module.
    Whichever method you decide to use to wire the serial cable to the ICM module, the wiring connections are the same. Within the next few pages you will see a wiring schematic for the ICM 1900 and the ICM 2900 modules. This will show you each Pin number for the 25-pin serial cable, the Galil ICM terminal connection number, the CamSoft I/O number, which is the I/O number CamSoft uses in the Pendant logic and last is the description of what each pin number (wire) is used for. You will notice that pin number 23 is not used in either of the ICM modules for 1-4 axes machines. However, if you have a 5-8 axes machine, then pin number 23 would be used. This will be discussed later in the section entitled “5-8 Axes Considerations.”

Be aware that the Pendant wiring will use all 8 uncommitted (general use) inputs on a 1-4 axis motion board and 5 uncommitted (general use) outputs. 5-8 axes motion boards have 16 inputs and 16 outputs for general use. If you are going to need any more input and output connections, then you should look into purchasing OPTO 22 relay racks and relays. CamSoft has several options for auxiliary (extra) I/O connections you can purchase at any time.

At this point grab either your 25-pin D-sub connector and extra wire or cut off one end of the provided serial cable and a copy of the Pendant wiring schematic for your ICM module type. Begin your terminal wiring connections until complete. Make sure you connect all wires to the proper terminal strip location on the ICM module. Call CamSoft if you have any questions or need assistance.