584,854 active members*
4,379 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Fanuc 6T system error

Hello
    I purchaced old Nakamura TMC-3 with Fanuc 6t(b). It was out of order, so i get it at resonable price. I wired it up and turn mainswitch with shaking hands. All i get was "SYSTEM ERROR 9*" *-mark is strange symbol, looks like Japanese letter. Led number 1 lit on (master PCB) I have maintenence manual for this (Thanks Jonne) and i found out that it means alarm number 600. Maintenance manual has no remarks for this alarm.

I have read old post and found out that maybe i have to do some cleaning. First i will clean part programs, and then parameter data, and last totally cleanin of bubble memory. I have instructions for those. Is that right way? I think it is better to ask before than do something stupid, isn't it?

I have paper named "Setting of parameters" made by Nakamura. There is parameter numbers and data 0 to 160, 1001 to 1018, 2001, 2002 2101, 2102, and 3001 to 3004. Is that enough to get machine running if clening procedure get alarm away?

In the tape reader was tape without any marks what it is. Could it be machine parameter? But what a shame it is in two! But maybe it can repair and get reading.

Thanks in advance

Vekku

Quote Originally Posted by salmve View Post
    Hello
    I purchaced old Nakamura TMC-3 with Fanuc 6t(b). It was out of order, so i get it at resonable price. I wired it up and turn mainswitch with shaking hands. All i get was "SYSTEM ERROR 9*" *-mark is strange symbol, looks like Japanese letter. Led number 1 lit on (master PCB) I have maintenence manual for this (Thanks Jonne) and i found out that it means alarm number 600. Maintenance manual has no remarks for this alarm.

I have read old post and found out that maybe i have to do some cleaning. First i will clean part programs, and then parameter data, and last totally cleanin of bubble memory. I have instructions for those. Is that right way? I think it is better to ask before than do something stupid, isn't it?

I have paper named "Setting of parameters" made by Nakamura. There is parameter numbers and data 0 to 160, 1001 to 1018, 2001, 2002 2101, 2102, and 3001 to 3004. Is that enough to get machine running if clening procedure get alarm away?

In the tape reader was tape without any marks what it is. Could it be machine parameter? But what a shame it is in two! But maybe it can repair and get reading.

Thanks in advance

Vekku
    Your "setting of parameters" is enough to get your machine running,the parameter 0 to 160 for machine running ,1000's,2000's,3000's are for pitch error compensation of X,Y,Z axis ball screws.About the alarm 900's (you don't write down exact the alarm number) i think you have to perform a Ram test or Initialize the buble memory to clear the alarm
    The punched tape on tape reader, if the original parameter tape from Fanuc it's usually have the label "parameter tape" on the leading of the punched tape.In your case I think it's may be a machining program tape

Thanks duccnc.
    Is that bad sign that i cannot get exact alarm code? As i wrote above i get message: SYSTEM ERROR 9 and beside number 9 is strange symbol.

Vekku

Today I have tried:
    "clearing stored program", RESET+DELETE+Power on: no response
    "clearing parameter",CAN+DELETE+Power on(Param Switch Enable): no response
    "bubble memory all clear", 0+DELETE+Power on(Param Switch Enable): no response

When i did "bubble memory initialization procedure" ,-+.+Power on(Param Switch Enable) I get IL-mode but only three choices!
    1.Tape
    2.Memory
    3.Enpane

What can i do next?

BTW quote from Dan Fritz:
    "FYI: This procedure is fully described in the 6T/6M Maintenance manual"
    My Maintenance manual number is B52245E/01 But i did not found that

Vekku

Today I have tried:
    "clearing stored program", RESET+DELETE+Power on: no response
    "clearing parameter",CAN+DELETE+Power on(Param Switch Enable): no response
    "bubble memory all clear", 0+DELETE+Power on(Param Switch Enable): no response

When i did "bubble memory initialization procedure" ,-+.+Power on(Param Switch Enable) I get IL-mode but only three choices!
    1.Tape
    2.Memory
    3.Enpane

What can i do next?

BTW quote from Dan Fritz:
    "FYI: This procedure is fully described in the 6T/6M Maintenance manual"
    My Maintenance manual number is B52245E/01 But i did not found that

Vekku
    When you initialize the buble memory you must switch "BMU switch " to ON position (NOT the parameter SW to enable) it's on upper side of the master print.

Thought it ask me to switch it to on position after hitting number key (1-6). And i tried also with param. switch in disable position.

Now I have tried all combination (Param switch enable/disable, BMU switch on/off) and every time i get only three choices.

What next?

Vekku

hi all,
    just called me as shimi. i'm still new in this forum. i have TSUGAMI Model S16 Precision CNC Automatic Lathe. it use FANUC system. yesterday i was off the main swictch board for service and calibration. and also switch off the main switch of the machine. after finish the service, i switch on the machine and i got a lot of error on the screen. why it became like that.
    310 APC ALARM : X AXIS NEED ZRN
    320 APC ALARM : Z AXIS NEED ZRN
    340 APC ALARM : 4 AXIS NEED ZRN
    317 APC ALARM : X AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    327 APC ALARM : Z AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    347 APC ALARM : 4 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    350 APC ALARM : 5 AXIS NEED ZRN
    360 APC ALARM : 6 AXIS NEED ZRN
    357 APC ALARM : 5 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    367 APC ALARM : 6 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    490 SERVO ALARM : OVER LOAD
    454 SERVO ALARM : 5 AXIS DETECT ERR
    464 SERVO ALARM : 6 AXIS DETECT ERR

i also don't know where the battery. can somebody help me ASAP.

Thought it ask me to switch it to on position after hitting number key (1-6). And i tried also with param. switch in disable position.

Now I have tried all combination (Param switch enable/disable, BMU switch on/off) and every time i get only three choices.

What next?

Vekku
    After you initialize bubble memory ,you must depress key 4(bubble )to enter the screen:
    Bubble initialize
    *function key
    1:write by tape
    2:write by manual
    3:display loop data
    origine :return to IL mode
    you must press key 2 (after switch BMU SW to ON)to input the defect loop to enter the defect loop data as Dan Fritz quote.

Quote Originally Posted by shimi View Post
    hi all,
    just called me as shimi. i'm still new in this forum. i have TSUGAMI Model S16 Precision CNC Automatic Lathe. it use FANUC system. yesterday i was off the main swictch board for service and calibration. and also switch off the main switch of the machine. after finish the service, i switch on the machine and i got a lot of error on the screen. why it became like that.
    310 APC ALARM : X AXIS NEED ZRN
    320 APC ALARM : Z AXIS NEED ZRN
    340 APC ALARM : 4 AXIS NEED ZRN
    317 APC ALARM : X AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    327 APC ALARM : Z AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    347 APC ALARM : 4 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    350 APC ALARM : 5 AXIS NEED ZRN
    360 APC ALARM : 6 AXIS NEED ZRN
    357 APC ALARM : 5 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    367 APC ALARM : 6 AXIS BATTERY DOWN 1
    490 SERVO ALARM : OVER LOAD
    454 SERVO ALARM : 5 AXIS DETECT ERR
    464 SERVO ALARM : 6 AXIS DETECT ERR

i also don't know where the battery. can somebody help me ASAP.
    What 's Fanuc controller? I think you have to re- input the option parameter
    tungtung

When i have IL-Mode on the screen number 4 does not give any response!

Only 3 choices with one working. Number 1.Tape; It opens "IL-MODE READ" screen but nothing happend because i have no tape.
    RESET exit from IL-MODE

What i am doing wrong?

salmve: You probably have an older version of the Fanuc 6T (the 6T-A). The earlier versions had the limited IL mode that you describe, and the repair of the bubble board is not possible by manual data input. You may have to put that bubble board into a newer control to initialize it, or you may have to send it to Fanuc for re-initialization.

To verify what model you have: Do you have a bunch of EPROM chips (with labels on them) on the large main PCB? If you do, look at the numbers on them and get the first 3 digits. That will tell us what edition you have. All the EPROMs should have numbers where the first 3 digits are the same. The last letter will tell us what revision your firmware is. EPROMs on the main board indicate that it's a 6T-A

If you have all the EPROMs on a smaller board marked "ROM", then it's a 6T-B. Again, the first three digits and the last letter will identify the firmware edition and version. If those EPROMs are 32k-bit (identified by the last digits of the manufacturer's number stamped on the EPROMS, then it's an early 6T-B. If those EPROMs are 64k, then you have a 6T-B-2 or "level up"

My guess is that you have a 6T-A because of the 3 choice IL mode menu.

I'll help you further if I can.

Hello

Thank you Dan Fritz!
    I have read a lot of your post here on CNC-Zone and noticed them very helpful. Your text is clear and easy to understand also with my poor english language. Thanks a lot and please continue.

"To verify what model you have: Do you have a bunch of EPROM chips (with labels on them) on the large main PCB? If you do, look at the numbers on them and get the first 3 digits. That will tell us what edition you have. All the EPROMs should have numbers where the first 3 digits are the same. The last letter will tell us what revision your firmware is. EPROMs on the main board indicate that it's a 6T-A"

Yes, there is 26 EPROMs numbered 992.This number is just below "window" and same on all EPROMS. Next line is numbered 001G/002G, 011F/012F and so on. Last letter is someplace F someplace G.

When machine is in IL-Mode and i hit RESET to exit, screen appears very quickly:
    SYSTEM 6T
    SERIES 992
    VERSION 07

Thanks again.

Vekku

Vekku: You do indeed have a Fanuc 6T-A. They didn't call it a 6T-A when it originally sold (It was just called a "6T"). I don't know of any way to initialize the bubble memory on that control. You may have to see if someone else can do it on a 6T-B. As far as I know, the bubble boards are interchangeable between the 6T-A and 6T-B.

This is just a hunch .... Look on the main board for a small check-pin labeled "ILD". If there is one, there may be a "GND" (Ground) pin right next to it. If you have these pins, use a small alligator clip or a short wire to short these two pins together, then turn on the control. I think you'll just get the same 3-choice ILD screen as before, but maybe not. At this point, there's no harm trying. If you only get the 3 choices, then It's probably time to give Fanuc a call.

What a shame. I thought this is model B.

I cannot even found that ILD pin. Could it be named for another way?

Maybe i have to make some inquery to find 6TB machine. Hard to believe i will find reasonable owner who wish me welcome to dismantle their machine!

IL-Mode choice #1. Tape: Looks like working. Is it possible to upload those numbers with PC and terminal program? Sure tape is default and it's not changeable before machine is running.

But how about this stupid idea: take little piece of blank tape and punch it with " home-made special tool" and CNC milling machine. Maybe possible if only few ten of marks has to be punched?

Vekku

Dan
    Sorry if i will be harping on the same string. But still.

"The earlier versions had the limited IL mode that you describe, and the repair of the bubble board is not possible by manual data input."

...by manual data input. Does this mean that it isn't possible by tape at all. On IL-Mode, when i press #1, tapereader clics when feedrollers press against,and screen appears IL-Mode Read. What it is reading and from where. Is it possible to download those "Defective loop" numbers by tape?

I asked this same thing from Fanuc Sweden and do they have "initialization service"(we do not have Fanuc office here in Finland).
    They suggested me to exhange bubble memory with SRAM-board. Power Unit must be newer version too. I asked also Why there is tape in the IL-Mode. He thought it means where the memory data should be loaded from. I got feeling that he isn't very familiar with Fanuc 6.

And the harping will go on....

Error message is strange. Does it tells something? Do i have problem also in motherboard and/or EPROMs?

If i could be sure that only problems are in bubble memory i won't think for a long time. I will purchase new memory and start turning.

Thanks again

Vekku

Vekku:

I had the same problem you have, the easiest way to solve it was to find someone with a 6B controller and ask him to let us intialize the board in his machine, no problem at all. We returned to our machine and all fine. I do not know how hard is to fine a machine in your country but I will recommend that, other option is to get a board from Fanuc $$$$$ or any other supplier. Check PENINE in UK.

GP.

TMC202L

Can any one help us we have a Nakamura tmc20 2l and have an alarm message 071 NMI occurred in SLC

not sure what that means any one know please

Vekku.
    If you want to post your board to Scotland,I will initialise it for you,if someone tells me how its done.I have a few 6TB controls.
    Mark.

Mark
    Thank you for offer of help, but this problem has already solved. Bubble memory has initialise and other board attached to masterboard has tested ok.

Main problem was 7 faulty eproms at the master. My eproms are series 992 version 07. I asked from Fanuc Sweden and they have version 08. I did not get prices yet, probably not very cheap. Suggestion of another way to get those eproms?

Are those version changeable without problem? (sure whole set of 26 eproms)

Vekku

Page 1 of 2 12