584,862 active members*
5,726 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help on Red Sail M500

Hello all, I have recently purchased a Red Sail M500 CO2 Laser engraver with a 50W tube.

It works with the EasyCut 5.1 software (i think is the same with LaserCut) and an USB Dongle Motion-Card MPC6515.

I have bought this machine to be able to make rubber stamps, but the problem is that the output of the letters it too thin. I cannot get a "shouldering" or "widening" effect that is apropriate for the stamp making.

I have seen samples on other softwares from other manufacturers (Epilog, ULS, Xenetech..) that they have this option in their programmes.

So my question is: Is there some way for me to able to achieve this effect on my machine, by some other software, or some other setting. Any sugestion is welcomed.

I thank you all in advance for you`re help.

In LaserCut, they call it "Grade Engrave" that puts a taper on the engraving for doing stamps. There's a check box to click if you want to use that feature. I'm not familiar with EasyCut, but look for that term somewhere on the screen or in the settings.

I've never used it so that's all I can tell you.

Hope that helps,
    Skip

I have tryed GradeEngrave, but letters are still thin, I didnt notice any difference between normal Engrave and GradeEngrave.

I would contact the company to see if you can turn on your Grade Engrave through a software setting. It may just be turned off in the config or .ini file.

Mexico.Redsail has offered to give laser help before. Message him to see if there is a setting you can change. I know he posted information on how to turn it on in LaserCut 5.0 with the MPC05 USB controller.

Click here to send him a message.

Skip

Hi,
    the best way of making stamps is to make your design in corel convert to bitmap using 2400 dpi then engave as bitmap at the highest posible power/speed convination, be sure to correctly focus your machine, we do lots of stamps and never use the grade engrave option.

regards

Eduardo

Smile

Thank you Eduardo, I will try this and let you know the result.

Wish me luck.

Help me please

Hi, I order a M500 redsail. I am from Guatemala. Can you tell how does it work??
    Did you find out how to make the stamps?

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by eshko22 View Post
    Hello all, I have recently purchased a Red Sail M500 CO2 Laser engraver with a 50W tube.

It works with the EasyCut 5.1 software (i think is the same with LaserCut) and an USB Dongle Motion-Card MPC6515.

I have bought this machine to be able to make rubber stamps, but the problem is that the output of the letters it too thin. I cannot get a "shouldering" or "widening" effect that is apropriate for the stamp making.

I have seen samples on other softwares from other manufacturers (Epilog, ULS, Xenetech..) that they have this option in their programmes.

So my question is: Is there some way for me to able to achieve this effect on my machine, by some other software, or some other setting. Any sugestion is welcomed.

I thank you all in advance for you`re help.
    Hi.

I also have the same machine and have been using easycut5.3 till recently when things went blur. if you get help with your's i think you can also help me work out mine.

Thanks

redsail tech support

Hi,
    i am redsail tech support,please write email to [email protected],some details of the problem need to be confirmed.

Thanks
    http://www.hflaser.com

RedSAil Help Needed

Hello , we are in Honduras, we just purchased a Redsail M500 and cant figure it out. We have advanced so we are making rubber stamps but not as good as we need them and need more help.
    Can anyone come and train us at our expense or we can travel for training.
    THanks
    Adam

video for making stamps

Hi Adam,we have two different systems for M500 laser engraver,please write to [email protected],after confirm the information of the machine,then we will teach you how to make stamps.
    Thank you very much.
    http://www.hflaser.com