585,752 active members*
4,121 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > OSP7000 Alarm code 1700 and messed parameters

OSP7000 Alarm code 1700 and messed parameters

Dear everybody,
    Please help with this:
    We have an okuma lathe with an OSP7000 control. We are getting the alarm code 1700, we have followed the instructions that appeared in manual; but have not been able to reset it. While working on fixing the error we noticed that somebody messed up with the machine parameters (I guess this is the reason for alarm). This is a new machine for us and we don't have much experience using it.

Can you provide with a procedure to fix the parameter values (setting them up to working values) and remove the alarm? How are these parameters related to each other?

The current values for the parameters are:
    ----------------- X ------ Z
    -Var Limit(Prog) 8.00 --- 8.00
    +Var Limit(Prog) -10.0798 -- 491.7059
    +Var Limit(Mach) 906.0798 -- 8.00
    -Var Limit(Mach) 888.0 -- 491.7059

Any suggestion is welcome.
    Thank you very much in advance.

Hiatec, What is the alarm? is over travel? Sorry I'm at home I don't have my book. The problem is that those parameters effect and determine other user parameters. The trick is getting the machine in a position where it wont alarm so you can effect those parameters to meet your needs, repost or P.M. maybe I can help. Robert

para.

if your okuma rep. does what ours does those para. should be wrote down in the schematic book inside the board box.

Thank you for your help.
    I found the original machine parameters in one of the books. I also was able to clear the alarm, it was an over travel and cleared using the bypass button in the control panel.
    I have another problem: I put back the machine parameters; but still the machine does not show the correct position for the z coordinate. Instead of showing a range between 0-20" it has a range between 380 and 400". How do I remove this offset? I tried changing the user parameters and I noticed that contrary to what happen with the x coordinate, every time I set a new value for Var Limit(Prog) the same value is written at Var Limit(Mach) and vice-versa.

Maybe I'm not understanding, the program value matches the the machine value? As in identical numbers? The machine limit should be out in space somewhere behind the turret some 350 inches or something (why, you would have to ask Okuma I don't know) But the program limit should be something reasonable like 20 or something.

OKUMA lathes are strange like that we've had them for 10 years and im still not sure how those parameters work.

Okuma uses absolute position encoders that are not battery backed up. This means they are capable of reading 1000 inches or more and the machine won't care. There is an encoder offset parameter in system parameters (possibly hidden on the 7000 control). Place your axis at a known position (say Z at 2 inches), highlight the parameter, hit the soft key calculate, hit the number 2 key and press the write key. Now the screen should show you a more user friendly number.