584,850 active members*
4,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > converting imported part drawing to mold drawing

converting imported part drawing to mold drawing

First off I am still using ver 21. How do you guys quickly convert the part (solid) your customer sends you to a mold drawing. I can stumble around using boolean functions, but I was wondering how you guys would go about it.

In a different program that I use, you can automatically generate 2D drawings from solids. Not sure if BC has that feature, but I can see where it sure saves a lot of time.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by etzz View Post
    In a different program that I use, you can automatically generate 2D drawings from solids. Not sure if BC has that feature, but I can see where it sure saves a lot of time.
    Eric
    Which program would that be?

Hi,

Rhinoceros (www.rhino3d.com). Not really a competitor to Bobcad anyway. I would think its a common function in CAD software these days. Bobcad is more of a CAM program, but it may have the feature. Hopefully some Bobcad users will chime in (ive tried the demo for 21 and 22).
    Regards,
    Eric

How you break a mold up depends on what your making. You may need only 2 pieces for your mold. You also may need 10. How you break it up depends on what your molding.
    judleroy

It will be a 4 plate transfer rubber mold.

I was wondering after you would receive the solid what functions do you use in Bobcad to create your mold drawing. Would you use the boolean function? Are there any other ways to reverse the surfaces? So say that I want the ID of your part to now be the OD on your insert.

Quote Originally Posted by etzz View Post
    Hi,

Rhinoceros (www.rhino3d.com). Not really a competitor to Bobcad anyway. I would think its a common function in CAD software these days. Bobcad is more of a CAM program, but it may have the feature. Hopefully some Bobcad users will chime in (ive tried the demo for 21 and 22).
    Regards,
    Eric
    I have downloaded the eval. version of Rhino, but haven't had too much time to play with it.