585,733 active members*
4,968 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question RENISHAW RGH22 X30D00 SOFTWARE

I have two RENISHAW RGH22 X30D00 units that I understand are a part of a DRO system/positioning. What I don’t have is the software. I looked at their web site and don’t think it is listed there.
    I did a search in the CNCZone on "Renishaw" and found a lot of threads however they all dealt with the probe.

Does anyone know how I can get these operational, they would be a really nice addition to my lathe?

I’m hoping that they will run from a PC.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RENISHAW RGH22 X30D00.JPG  

http://www.renishaw.com/media/pdf/en...f9e301418b.pdf

try mach3 or emc2 for software ,you may need an interface board like servotogo

encoder pc software

Hi.
    It's not just software you will require to get the encoder working on a pc you will need an interface too.
    For information Pls visit http://www.rls.si/default.asp?prod=p201 this is a single axis USB interface and software can be downloaded free from the website.
    If you want to purchase in the USA please contact Renishaw in Chicago by phone 847-286-9953 ask for encoder support.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by encoderguy View Post
    Hi.
    It's not just software you will require to get the encoder working on a pc you will need an interface too.
    For information Pls visit http://www.rls.si/default.asp?prod=p201 this is a single axis USB interface and software can be downloaded free from the website.
    If you want to purchase in the USA please contact Renishaw in Chicago by phone 847-286-9953 ask for encoder support.
    So if i understand this correctly I would need two interface boxes for the X and y axis. The price on the servotogo is over $800. so this is turning into an expensive DRO.

Or am I not understanding what was said?

Thanks

Hi.
    Good question.
    The interface and software to read the encoder is just to provide a readout. Great for a manual lathe. No servo control.
    Renishaw does not offer any servo control options for their encoders. This is normally up to the OEM.
    Looking at their (Servo to go) web site their servo card should accept the Renishaw encoders but I don't know anyone who has used this combination.

Quote Originally Posted by encoderguy View Post
    Hi.
    Good question.
    The interface and software to read the encoder is just to provide a readout. Great for a manual lathe. No servo control.
    Renishaw does not offer any servo control options for their encoders. This is normally up to the OEM.
    Looking at their (Servo to go) web site their servo card should accept the Renishaw encoders but I don't know anyone who has used this combination.
    Yes it is just a manual lathe. The length of the "track" is 8" so it would be a perfect application for it if it isn't too expensive.

Pricing

Total cost should be around $300 for 1 axis. Do you have scale too? Again call Renishaw for pricing and any support required.

if you do some Googleing you will find other boards that are cheaper ,there's even some build it your self boards out there

Question

Quote Originally Posted by holbieone View Post
    if you do some Googleing you will find other boards that are cheaper ,there's even some build it your self boards out there
    What are the key words i should search on for the DIY boards?