585,605 active members*
3,337 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Sharing my Haas vector drive schematics
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Sharing my Haas vector drive schematics

@sccues if you're looking for the pin out of the cable to mocon/maincon board to vector drive is to find the cable number on the cable itself and then look in the service manual sometimes they will have a detail pin out on each end of the cable. Also are you retrofitting the control to a mach4 because of cost or due to you're more familiar with it? Either way retrofitting the control to something other than what Haas has designed it's components for its super risky and I hope it's goes well, but you may run into some major issues unless you're replacing every little thing from cables,boards,amps,inputs/outputs, and power distribution throughout the control.. good luck

Can anyone send me the vector drive diagrams?

Best Regards

Dear Sir,

Can I have your schematic too.

Thanks a lot!

Can you update the link? I cannot download the file anymore. Please and thanks!

do you have 1 for the haas 32-3551j 45a smart amp that you would share?? thx mike

The Alarm 123 spindle drive fault has been haunting the 2004 20hp vf3 at work for some time now.
    randomly during warmup or other times with no real load on the spindle.
    I've gone through and re-tightened all the connections on the drive unit, cleaned the regen tower and connections, added a more powerful externally powered fan to the cabinet.
    yet the alarm 123 persisted never twice on the same day and sometimes it would be 2 weeks before it came back.
    the fan helped keep temps down but this was not the gremlin.
    Each time I was able to reset the alarm by a simple reset and not have to power down the machine, this is good news.
    after more digging I replaced the top spindle motor fan.
    To my frustration the connector to the tool release is a nice water proof deutsch style and the fan had a hobby rc style connector that was corroded and dripping with coolant.
    Now if you didn't know most coolant is a poor conductor but it still does short stuff out.
    So I've replaced the fan and reconnected with a deutsch plug/socket.
    since then I have not seen the alarm come back.that was 3 months ago.
    hope this helps someone else.
    cheers
    Jorg

Hello everyone. I will try here before I buy new vector drive. Can anyone help me with components numbers for 40 hp vector drive? Some of them are burrned and numbers cant be seen. Please conntact me on [email protected] so I can send pictures, which numbers do I need. Thank you very much for any help

post up the pics first is what I would do. Create a google drive or docs share for the pics and reply here w/ the link. I'll try to help you here (in the spirit of future knowledge for all) .

Quote Originally Posted by tersek007 View Post
    Hello everyone. I will try here before I buy new vector drive. Can anyone help me with components numbers for 40 hp vector drive? Some of them are burrned and numbers cant be seen. Please conntact me on [email protected] so I can send pictures, which numbers do I need. Thank you very much for any help

Hi All
    I need this diagram too and if there is firmware for microcontroller and FPGA
    Regards

After so many years all link's are dead!!!
    Any update, anyone could send me the schematic of Haas vector drive 20/15 or similar?

Quote Originally Posted by tayfunk View Post
    Dear friends
    I saw that every friend in this section of the forum had some problem with the Haas spindle vector drivers. I also had lived problems with this module. My problem had been a huge one; a considerable part of the board had been burnt out. For this reason I had been obligated to draw its electronic schematic diagram all over. Referring to many problems around, I decided to put my schematics for share. However, there may be a few mistakes on the diagrams, so be careful... If you happen to find some problem on it. Please feel free to inform me about it. It shall be fixed as soon as possible. The link is given below.

http://www.edim.com.tr/index.php?opt...download&cid=3

Best regards.

Tayfun Kusluoglu
    I hope the OP does not mind as I am re-posting the original schematics by him.
    Has he said, there may be a few mistakes on the diagrams, so be careful.

I followed these schematics on two different Vector Drives and successfully repaired them. Two 40HP, a bit different but close enough. In both cases the problem were faulty HCPL-7800A isolation amplifiers.
    Symptoms where on one simultaneous 119 Overvoltage and 160 Low Voltage errors, and on the other I don't recall the errors but the DC Bus voltage on screen was not the same as measured on the Vector Drive output.

Haas Closed Loop Vector Drive schematic 20_15HP.pdf

Good luck

Hi Anybody have a link to the schematics for haas vector drive original link is down
    please i really need them

Maybe read the last post at least

Haas Closed Loop Vector Drive schematic 20_15HP.pdf

Page 2 of 2 12