584,808 active members*
5,229 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Sharing my Haas vector drive schematics
Page 1 of 2 12

Hybrid View

Sharing my Haas vector drive schematics

Dear friends
    I saw that every friend in this section of the forum had some problem with the Haas spindle vector drivers. I also had lived problems with this module. My problem had been a huge one; a considerable part of the board had been burnt out. For this reason I had been obligated to draw its electronic schematic diagram all over. Referring to many problems around, I decided to put my schematics for share. However, there may be a few mistakes on the diagrams, so be careful... If you happen to find some problem on it. Please feel free to inform me about it. It shall be fixed as soon as possible. The link is given below.

http://www.edim.com.tr/index.php?opt...download&cid=3

Best regards.

Tayfun Kusluoglu
    http://www.edim.com.tr

Real nice of you Tay

But I am unable to link to that...
    can you check the link again please ??

MJM

We have Haas vector drives and sure would like to see what you prepared...

Wow! Thank you! I really could have used that about a year ago. I learned most of what I now see on that schematic. In the end, it was a problem that was not fixable (bad circuit board) but I spent a lot of time learning what everything did.
    Greg

Dear Greg

Thank you for your kind attention.

I was ın luck. I could fix my problem. I repaired my pcb board.

J7 and J5 connectors are too important. Belong to J5 cable side has to never connected to J7.

So, my friends please be careful. Otherwise, you obliged to repair your pcb.

Your intensive attentions encouraged me.

In a near future, I will issue Ingersoll-Rand Compressor control board and Yaskawa USASEM-08TF22 motor encoder electronic schematic diagrams.

Best regards,

Tayfun

Yeah I got it ok .

Thanks again for the schematics .

regards
    MJM

I am glad to meet you in the forum

Thank you ilbebach,

There was a problem at our host yesterday.

Would you check again the link?

There are 15 dowloands performed succesfully.

I hope you can reach the schematic diagrams after now.

Best regards

Thanks so much!

We have two VF-5s with 40HP Vector drives. The board isn't exactly the same but it for the most part, and the rest is functionally similar. We had to replace one last year and now the other one has gone down... both at 4 years! Not the most reliable machines...

Your schematic has been most valuable and the problem is almost pinned down.

Thank you again!

Hi,

I have a VF6 and the vector drive on it's way out would it be posible to get a copy of the schematic? It would be most helpfull.

Thanks,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post
    Hi,

I have a VF6 and the vector drive on it's way out would it be posible to get a copy of the schematic? It would be most helpfull.

Thanks,
    Eric
    If I buy another drive it would be the forth that was replaced in 6 or so years!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric MFG View Post
    If I buy another drive it would be the forth that was replaced in 6 or so years!
    Wow, you really have bad luck or have a whole lot of machines.

Mike
    Two Haas VF-2's, Haas HA5C, Haas HRT-9, Hardinge CHNC 1, Bother HS-300 Wire EDM, BobCAD V23, BobCAD V28

Re: Sharing my Haas vector drive schematics

Hi All
    I need this diagram too and if there is firmware for microcontroller and FPGA
    Regards

Can anyone send me the vector drive diagrams?

Best Regards

Unfortunately, the drive on the same machine keeps failing. None of the VF3’s have the vector issue but they all have their own unique problems per machine.

have any of your haas mills had a puddle of spindle fluid laying under the back corner of the machine?
    Haas ended up taking care of our problems.

Thank you for the schematic of the Vector Drive although I have the 40 HP. I had a servo amp blow and the Vector drive unit also. I checked the servo windings and found them all to be with in tolarance. 1.5 ohms between leads and no shorts to ground. Open to ground. AC volts are 120, 240, 120 for the 3 phase. The resistors on top read 5.9 ohms. So I have not been able to find a reason for the unit to have blown the way it has and I want to be sure everything is good before I replace the Vector drive.

Any thought on what else should be checked?

I know what causes them to fail. PM me for more info.

Hi there,

Thank you for allowing me to download your 15/20 HP Schematic of the vector drive. Do you happen to have a schematic for the newer style 40 HP Vector Drive? This is the one i am stuck with at the present moment.

Mine is giving me an error 123 and 993 for some reason and we are not sure why. Can you help?

Tayfunk and others,

I just ran across your schematic of the Haas Vector Drive while looking for specific information on those drives and while I haven't found what I was looking for yet I thought you or someone else might know and could help. What I am looking for is the connector numbers and pin-out for the VFD controls....ie. Analog in, Run/Stop, CW and CCW controls. I reviewed you schematic, but I didn't see labels that would help me identify which was which. My machine manuals only show these connections in block form and I haven't been able to find any detailed documentation showing the control connections and requirement.

Thanks,
    sccues

Quote Originally Posted by sccues View Post
    Tayfunk and others,

I just ran across your schematic of the Haas Vector Drive while looking for specific information on those drives and while I haven't found what I was looking for yet I thought you or someone else might know and could help. What I am looking for is the connector numbers and pin-out for the VFD controls....ie. Analog in, Run/Stop, CW and CCW controls. I reviewed you schematic, but I didn't see labels that would help me identify which was which. My machine manuals only show these connections in block form and I haven't been able to find any detailed documentation showing the control connections and requirement.

Thanks,
    sccues
    You won't find that because all a vector drive is is an amplifier and high voltage generator. The mocon sends everything in analog for each phase. A simplified explanation is that it is controlled just like another brushless axis.

Page 1 of 2 12