584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > CamBam > Stuff made with CamBam
Page 1 of 3 123

Stuff made with CamBam

I think it is time we had a thread for displaying Stuff made with CamBam. There are a lot of options out there for g-code generation, but in terms of bang for buck (for me at least) CamBam is the bee's knees.

I'll kick off with a small project that used pocketing and profiling, generated from a dxf file. The full story can be had here: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=139 .

The zipfile contains the CamBam files and the g-code files generated from the cb files. X0 and Y0 are bottom left, Z0 is top of the material.

The side pieces are cut from 1/4" material, the tops and bottoms are cut from 1/8" material. Everything is cut with a 1/8" end mill.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sm_Img_1311.jpg   sm_Img_1317.jpg   sm_Img_1318.jpg   sm_Img_1319.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Great job, on that cable carrier!

Free DXF - vectorink.com

Joe's 4X4 Hybrid

Over a period of a month or 2, I built a Joe's 4X4 Hybrid. All of the g-code was generated using CamBam.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sm_Img_1173.jpg   vsm_IMG_1105.jpg   vsm_IMG_1124.jpg  

Heart Shaped Box

OK, so it's not high art, but I just made this snap together wooden box using the latest 'Death Wish!' development release, soon to be 0.9.4 release.

I can see this release is gonna get me out of a whole heap of trouble...I've already missed an anniversary present....(nuts)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heart-shaped-box-closed.jpg   heart-shaped-box-open.jpg  

Speaking of presents, I built this for my wife's birthday. I did not have a jigsaw to cut the curve on the top rail, so I used CamBam and my Joe's 4x4.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sm_Img_1282.jpg  

Given the choice of buying knobs for a couple $$ each or spending 1/2 a day making my own, I opted for the latter. The knobs are made up of 2 pieces pulled together with a nut and bolt. The curved top surface is courtesy of Evan's Spiral PollyGone script, which can be found here:
    http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index....pic,331.0.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sm_Img_1353.jpg   sm_Img_1355.jpg   sm_Img_1352.jpg  

Bertram,

Great job, & idea!

Now anytime you need a new one you just run them on your cnc, or re-scale the size to whatever you need.

Plus you never have to wait on shipping.

Very smart.

Free DXF - vectorink.com

FYI

Quote Originally Posted by 10bulls View Post
    OK, so it's not high art, but I just made this snap together wooden box using the latest 'Death Wish!' development release, soon to be 0.9.4 release.

I can see this release is gonna get me out of a whole heap of trouble...I've already missed an anniversary present....(nuts)
    Your project is really nice looking. It would really look AWESOME if it was cut out of purple heart. What do you think?

Here are a few of the parts I have built using CamBam, it's worked very well for me. My design flow is Autocad 2000 or Alibre then dxf to CamBam to Mach3

1. New knee pylon for the Bridgeport to add a ball screw
    2. Parts for the same
    3. Hydraulic hand pump To be used on a mobile base for the Bridgeport
    3. Wheel assembly for the mobile base
    4. Yoke from steel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1298.jpg   IMG_1258.JPG   IMG_1514.JPG   IMG_1540.JPG  

IMG_1017.JPG  

- Robot Drive Bracket
    - Motor Mounting Bracket
    - CNC Conversion Hardware (V2 to replace manually produced parts)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326465217.209864.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326465234.129500.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1326465247.482635.jpg  
    CNC: Making incorrect parts and breaking stuff, faster and with greater precision.

Check out the CamBam website under Members Projects. Some of the stuff is amazing. Link below

Don

Members Projects

I use CamBam for major project within my company. The majority of jobs are of comerical nature.
    Here is a recent job. Its a packing machine that packs liquids & solids in a bag. When we brought the machine its packing rate was 14 bags per minute. With the use of Alibre to sort the design out we then were able to use CamBam to mill up all the part so we could improve the machine run rates.
    In simple terms we had to reconfigure the method the machine delt with the forming of the bag. We used CamBam to make all the part required from alumin.
    What we acheived was to increase the packing machine drop rate from 14 to 35 drops per minute, we process 1.3m bags a year so you can work out for your self how much production time we cut out thanks to CamBam.
    Why CamBam well I use it not because of the price I use it becasue its simple fast and the support Andy offer is briiliant, also if I get lost the guys on the forum jump in and put me on the straight and narrow.
    Have a great day all.
    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SDC10260.JPG  

I need a specizied fertilizer system for our farming operation so using CamBam I build metering systems that could be used with a air blower system. Except fofr the pipe bearing and a few minor parts every thing in the PDF was built using CamBam.
    In the photos you can see the mettering units under the stainless hopper.
    Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SDC10168.JPG   SDC10259.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Somewhat goofy bits, but these are the first items off the Tree VMC fed by CamBam. Have the tool changer figured out now, too. The next few weeks should be interesting!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails acdc.jpg   EmployeesOnly.jpg   IMG_1360.jpg  

I catch fish with Cam Bam.

I catch fish with Cam Bam.

This was caught on...

... One of these

Hopefully this...

... injected with this...

... into this ...

.... to make this...

... will catch an even bigger one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Caught on RFG.png   RFG.jpg   Shad1.jpg   Shad2.jpg  

Shad3.jpg   Injector.jpg  
    Bob La Londe
    http://www.YumaBassMan.com

A fish story with pictures - now that's one I can believe!

WW

Hi Bob just a wild guess but I think you might like fishing, all I can say is you must have more patience then me.
    Well done its important to post to show others.
    Tony

Hi Bob,
    I already know about this, just wanted to congratulate you on this forum too.

All the CNC parts on my youtube channel and web site below.

I just posted this work holding vice jig tonight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQOq7fBbzXc]CNC Work Holding Solution - YouTube[/ame]
    Kelly
    www.finescale360.com

All stuff I made is done in CAMBAM.

All you can see in my blog.
    http://www.fightech.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123