585,712 active members*
3,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Tutorials

Page 1 of 2 12

Tutorials

I've had version 19 for a few months now but can't get satisfactory results. I've been through the manual which are very short on tutorials. Its hard to believe you pay this much for the program and they want another $125 for the videos how to use it. Has anyone purchased the videos for ver.19 and are they helpful? Do I also have to purchase the ver. 18 CDs for $200 plus? I'm tempted in moving on to another program.
    Paul

Paul,
    I feel your frustration, and having been through it on a system many times the cost of V19 I can say this, it is called "Learning Curve" and all that any tutorial is designed to do is to shorten that period, they cannot do away with it.

Here are a couple of tips,
    1) Don't make your first efforts so complicated that it would take a experienced user considerable time to complete. Build on your experience.

2) Cad/Cam is not easy, and it does take time, so you just hang in there, do not do what I did and get so dang frustrated I could chew nails, CONTACT SUPPORT.

I don't have BobCaD, but thousands do and with good results is my impression, support wants to help I am sure, but they cannot if you do not ask for it.

Remember quitters always lose

I have bobcad v19 and v18 cds and the v19 wich without the v18 cds the v19 wouldn't do much as they are just upgrades with out a dought they were worth the money i have never used a cad cam program before and I am managing to draw and cut parts already my machine that i converted to cnc has only been up and running few a couple weeks but it is a blast. I dont beleive i could have learned any of it with out the help cd's
    thanks Kenneth
    www.lambertsrc.com

I too have had V19 for a few months. We purchased the tutorial CD's also. This has been a big help. I have had pretty good results. There is still more I need to learn to be really effective. As for support helping....if you don't pay the $$$ for a year of support after 45 days (I think) you are SOL. These forums are the only free help you will receive. Hang in there.

The Video Training Professor

Hi Paul,
    The manual for Version 19 is over 500 pages which can be a lot to absorb. My training video products offer you a complete course in the software and is the next best thing to having me sit right there next to you. Manuals aren't for everyone. I would recommend the training professor video series.
    CNC Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Shea
    Paul,
    I feel your frustration, and having been through it on a system many times the cost of V19 I can say this, it is called "Learning Curve" and all that any tutorial is designed to do is to shorten that period, they cannot do away with it.

Here are a couple of tips,
    1) Don't make your first efforts so complicated that it would take a experienced user considerable time to complete. Build on your experience.

2) Cad/Cam is not easy, and it does take time, so you just hang in there, do not do what I did and get so dang frustrated I could chew nails, CONTACT SUPPORT.

I don't have BobCaD, but thousands do and with good results is my impression, support wants to help I am sure, but they cannot if you do not ask for it.

Remember quitters always lose
    You said it all right there....A lot of people see someone flying thru a cad program and think they should be able to that with a couple weeks training. I've been at it years and years thru mastercam, smartcam, gibbs and now bobcad and still have a lot more to learn then I know.

There is ample information in the BobCAD printed manual, however to get through it all, takes time. If time is an issue and your production is dropping, the training videos will fast track your learning. If you put a value on your time, then the cost of the video package could actually save you money.
    "A Helicopter Hovers Above The Ground, Kind Of Like A Brick Doesn't"
    Greetings From Down Under
    Dave Drain
    Akela Australia Pty. Ltd.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Is anyone in the Akron Ohio Area?

I have a CNC Mill (arcoloc series 10) with 12 tool stations capability for 3 axis vertical milling.
    http://www.acroloc.com/ACROLOC.htm

The mill has been upgraded with a Fagor 8025/30 controller. I recently purchased BobCam Pro with the art package, training videos, and manuals.

What I am looking for is someone in the Akron Ohio Area who is familiar with BobCam and working on a machine of this scale. I have CAD design work for the first part that I want to build and would like to discuss working with someone as an expert consultant for my project. We can negotiate rates after we meet in person.

I am totally new to CNC, CAD, and CAM. My hope is that with the Bob Cam software, video training, the manuals, and some expert advice I can get up to speed quickly. I think having a person who is in the Akron, OH area would help since I need to learn a lot and it would be good to have a local expert to consult with.

I purchased the machine and the software for my hobby company. The goal of the hobby company is to produce some cool products for inline speed skating. The first product I want to produce is a skate frame (the part that holds the four wheels on a pair of inline skates).

If anyone is interested in working with me on the project, please email me at [email protected].

anyone want to send me a copy of the taining video, I had the 45day tech support and well honestly I found it useless, if ya ever get the opportunity to speak with AL hand up fast! he is a real well welwont go into detail about what i feel
    I have v20 and well to be honest have not done NOTHING with it cause well to be honest I just cant figure it out

BobCad stood behind their product, after several problems calling into the BobCAD tech support, and getting the run around, BobCad assured me that they take pride in the support department and was very appologetic for the services I had not recieved when I called, they even went to the point to send me the video training cd sets free of charge, at first I had thought I had wasted alot of money going with BobCAD, but as it turns out, I am glad they sent the cd's as they make learning this easy! as for their efforts in customer satisfaction, EXCELLENT! - just wanted to share this with you all. I would recomend BobCad to anyone

Don't forget the V20 training videos on Bobcad's web sight.

http://www.bobcad.com/dealers/index....fdealersite=na

Or just goto www.bobcad.com and select the download tab.

CNCDude make a good point. Training videos are the next best thing to having the expert sit with you. And you can review them over and over any time you need a refersher.

I'll bet if CNCDude came to site with you at your facility it would be about $100/hr. And when he leaves the knowledge goes with him. You have to hope you can remember it all.

I dont know about you guys, but my eyes aren't getting any better and reading a book is not my favorite way to learn something. Show me how to do it and Boom, I go do it myself.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

Mike why is that? I am the same way. I learn about 10X faster if I can see the process rather than read it? No kidding, my wife says I've got ADD and that is the reason.

Mike
    No greater love can a man have than this, that he give his life for a friend.

When you read words, you have to look at and understand how they're arranged to understand what they mean. When someone speaks the words, the meaning is appearant right away. If a paragraph is not punctuated correctly is can have different meanings. You have to hear the words in your head.

There's a man eating lion.
    There's a man, eating lion.
    Is it a lion eating a man or a man eating a lion?

The Koala bear eats shoots and leaves.
    The Koala bear eats, shoots and leaves.
    So was the koala bear having dinner or did he just kill someone?

Hearing the spoken word is so much more direct. Especially if your trying to convey a technical point.

Mike Mattera
    Tips For Manufacturing Training CD's, DVD's for Mastercam, SolidWorks, Inventor, G-Code Training & More
    http://www.tipsforcadcam.com

training cd are worth the money to a point the basic are what people miss when learn software But the question becomes do you need a whole set that covers everything like 3d if you only do 2d stuff I'm very happy that I bought the Bobcad set. I still use them a year latter because something you only need to do every few months is like anything if you don't use it a lot you never really get good

HI, anybody knows where can i get a tutorial of unigraphic toolpath and g codes...nx 4 ...0r ...5

Requesting information!

Hi, I need to improve my knowledge on MCAM X4, I don't have much money to pay for expensive CDs, so can anyone tell me where I can get free tutorials? Specially to create surfaces and machine them.

Tutorials

I don't know much about Mastercam but you may want to try You Tube as it has many Mastercam Videos that may be of some help.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Thank you helicopterjohn, I will check out on Youtube and your site.

hey does anyone feel strongly about Bobcad v24 vs. Vectric vcarve pro.. so far from lookng at them bobcad used alot of pull down menus and Vectric uses icons...an interface I think is more direct and practical..

Page 1 of 2 12