585,705 active members*
3,872 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Comparison and program stop

Hi
    How to enforce my 10T controller makes fixed quantity of parts and stops until I push "cycle start" button?

Do you have Macro programming on your control? Is it a looping program or sub that just keeps running parts? I would use variables. Something like this. Let me know how your program runs consecutive parts because the varibables will have to be placed in the right parts of the program.

Beginning of program
    #100=0(COUNTER)
    #101=500(NUMBER OF PARTS)
    #100=#100+1
    IF[#100EQ#101]GOTO500
    N500M0 ----you could use M0 or a #3006 message statement
    #3006=1(cycle start to continue)

I have never used the timers or parts counters on the machines so I can't tell you anything on how to use them.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    Do you have Macro programming on your control? Is it a looping program or sub that just keeps running parts? I would use variables. Something like this. Let me know how your program runs consecutive parts because the varibables will have to be placed in the right parts of the program.

Beginning of program
    #100=0(COUNTER)
    #101=500(NUMBER OF PARTS)
    #100=#100+1
    IF[#100EQ#101]GOTO500
    N500M0 ----you could use M0 or a #3006 message statement
    #3006=1(cycle start to continue)

I have never used the timers or parts counters on the machines so I can't tell you anything on how to use them.

Stevo
    Hi
    Thanks. My controller supports macros. I'll try to write down you program and let you know about results.
    Regards

If you don't know much about variable usage post your code or explain how it runs continous parts (loop, sub, etc.) and I can help you place the varibles in the proper spots.

Stevo

Quote Originally Posted by stevo1 View Post
    If you don't know much about variable usage post your code or explain how it runs continous parts (loop, sub, etc.) and I can help you place the varibles in the proper spots.

Stevo
    Thanks
    help me please, so I'm repairer. I know about special area for macros in memory of the controller, but never made it before.
    regards

No problem. Can you post your program for the parts that you are running and want to stop after a certian amount? Or tell me how the program runs. Does it have a main program then run a sub for all the same parts?

Stevo

you could call your program the first time in MDI, then tell it to repeat X number times...

M98P***L6;

instead of M30 at end of program use M99. That way it will repeat/loop program 6 times then stop.