585,931 active members*
5,645 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

They're Here!!!!!!

The trucks just drove up with the NL-3000Y and the NL-2500SY is 30 minutes away!! I will have pictures soon

Congrats...

You will love these lathes.

Are these your first Mori's?

Yes. I have 3 Haas.

Cool, let us know how you make out with your own tool holders.
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

Pics

Here is a few pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails NL2500SY700.jpg   NL3000Y1250.jpg  

Nice...

It looks like you put up a new building to house them! When are the techs going to do the start up?
    On all equipment there are 2 levers...
    Lever "A", and Lever F'in "B"

We added a 120' x 50' x 24' building to the rear of our existing building. We are moving the other CNC's in this building. I am not sure when we will have power to the building. Any day now I guess.

Nice! you guys spent some serious bucks for those.........and you won't regret a dime of it! congrats!

Congratulations on the two new Mori's, have you been able to get the power to them yet? Do you know what the manufacturers specified positional accuracy and repeatability is?

The install crew will be here tomorrow. The smoke test will be Wednesday morning. As far as the accuracy, I sure hope that Mori being a premium machine that the tolerances are on a "Gnat's As#!" I know that these machines will do everything they say it will and more. It better or I'm in trouble!

Well, they're powered up. Wow!!!!

How is the learning of the CAPPS software goinig on your new NLs? I hope it is not as a big a chore as you first antisipated. I ordered our NL2500SY last week, due in about 3 months. This is my first CNC, really hope I have not bitten of more than I can chew. Good luck with your new machines and keep us upto date with how you and they are going.

Cress,
    It has been a little slow going. My son (my wife is with him)has been in the hospital for almost 3 weeks. I also have 2 year old twin daughters. And they are more work than learning capps. I have programmed a few things. It is not really hard just different than what I am used to. I would suggest buying the offline CAPPS program. It is supposed to be a duplicate of the control. I hear it is a good way to learn and not have to stand in front of the machine. I have a few ideas for you. I will try to PM you this evening.

Cool NL3000Y

We just bought NL3000Y, came in last WEEK. today i had a chance to play
    with capps oh yeah it,s easy. I used mori 15yrs ego, I have to say
    mitsubishi came long way control is user friendly and easy.

Very sexy machines! I love Mori's.

You have had them for a couple of months, how do you find them?

They are the finest machines I have ever run. Capps is wonderful. The machine is very fast, stable and accurate. I will probably never go back!!!! A mill and a NT is next.

Mori's are a bit addictive aren't they. The offline programming system (APL) is a good idea, you can sort out programming problems without interupting production.
    Hope your son is OK.

I never post anything unless I must, but this will be an exception. Im jealous, but congrats anyway. I know a guy with one of those lathes here in sweden and he is in love with the machine. My time will come gotta amke the money with my old 4 cncs for now hell im only 28. By the way if anybody wants offline programming just put a cnc editor, lots of memory to!

joseph

Digging a bit old topic up, but could you please post some more pics of the machine? I haven't seen very much pictures of NL3000 on internet, and i'm really interested to see more..

How has it been working? any annoying design flaws? What kind of parts have you made?

And if you don't mind asking, how much did it end up costing? $300k?

Page 1 of 2 12