584,842 active members*
4,201 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Stepper Motors / Drives > need help finding specs on motor

need help finding specs on motor

Hi all,
    I got 3 free stepper motors tonight. I belive NEMA 23 frame they are made by Japan Servo and have a number of KH56KM2-017 and the number of 7130 below that. Anyone know the voltage and amps for these?

Thanks
    Darren

here are a couple of pics, Does Japan servo use a code of some sort that could tell me the amp rating and the voltage for these?

Darren

Japan Servo was no help they couldnt release the specs because they are custom made for a customer, I know the customer is SHARP as i pulled these motors out of a SHARP 3062 copier two nights ago.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CNC log 059 copy.jpg   CNC log 062 copy.jpg  

ok update, i pulled another motor today and got the driver circuit from one of the copiers. The pdf for the driver chip is here http://prelcoparts.com/datasheets/Pr...TK6712BMK4.pdf , this one is also is on the board http://prelcoparts.com/datasheets/Pr...TK6713BMK3.pdf . I found another stepper hooked up to the board same frame size but shorter in length. so now i am guessing that the motors are under a 3 amp rating and from what i can figure out on the schmatics motor voltage is somewhere in between 18-42 and since 90% of the stuff on this copier runs at 24V i'm guessing thats what they are. I have run one of these motors on my hobby cnc 3 axis chopper drive and it ran fine at 12v and 1.2A tho seemed weak because i could stop the shaft somewhat easy. the big question still is what amp draw are they? what would happen if i tried higher amp, burn a coil up if i went to high?

Darren

You'll find some info on the motor series over at Japan Servo. Measure the resistance on each phase and you should be atleast a step further. There's always the possibility of mailing the company, too.
    - Lars Bjerke
    CNC-ing an SX3 to make a full-size CNC router to make some speakers. Why do it simple?

i'll check for the coil resistance. I emailed the japan servo site and they said they couldnt release info about the motors because they are custom built for the customer(SHARP) and they cant open the file unless the customer requests it.

Any progress on the data-spec-hunting on the Japan-Servo motors?
    I got hold of 3 of these too.

Tell me if you find anything

/ Ramsberg
    Sweden

? about Stepper motors

I aquired 3 Vexta 2-phase Model PK233-02BA Stepper Motors ( 6-wire ).
    It says they are 1.8 deg. 7.5 ohm DA 0.8A. Will these run a small CNC Router? I was gonna build the one HobbyCNC sells plans for? What do you think. Ill throw in a pic of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails servo 003_800x600.jpg   servo 004_800x600.jpg  

Those Vextas will runfine on the hobby, as long as you can get the current doown around one amp Theyre rated .85A Bipolar or 1.2A Unipolar per phase. They are 0.121 oz/inSQUARED. I dont know what that means exactly, all this info is here
    http://www2.catalognavigator.com/ori...ktoname=&pane=

That is Oriental's spec page. Good luck
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Sounds Great. I wonder If a pc powersupply would work. If i can get the amps down. ?

Oh ya, Someone chime in on this one. What does 0.121 oz/inSQUARED.
    http://www2.catalognavigator.com/ori...=spec&filter=0. it says Rotor Inertia (oz-in2) here are the specs 0.3 oz-in2

OK, I see, it is above the rotor inertia, holding torque it says is 2.3/2.9 LB/IN. But I still dont know what that is in in/oz. Maybe just multiply the 2.3 or 2.9 time 16. Thats about right for those motors, 30-50 in/oz, I would imagine thats probably what it is.
    Halfnutz

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Not bad for an ebay find. 3 steppers for 28 bucks with shipping. Total= $28.00. These are new motors. If I bought at the website where the specs were they were 56 bucks ea. No to build a controller board. What do you think about this one: http://www.uashem.com/trafid-190-35.html
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CNC Darren View Post
    here are a couple of pics, Does Japan servo use a code of some sort that could tell me the amp rating and the voltage for these?

Darren

Japan Servo was no help they couldnt release the specs because they are custom made for a customer, I know the customer is SHARP as i pulled these motors out of a SHARP 3062 copier two nights ago.
    Any specs on the motor. I got the exact one and I'm lost cant find any thing on it. Also I'm new at steppers any help will be apreciated.