584,841 active members*
4,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

List of Haas G codes?

Pardon the newbie questions again.
    Is there a list somewhere of the G codes that the Haas uses?
    Are they all standard or do you have to pay extra for the fancy ones? I tried to think of a better word than "fancy" - Oh well.....
    For instance, is G2 (clockwise helical interpolation I think) standard?
    I'm wondering if the Mini Mill will do thread milling.
    Do the older mills understand and execute as many G codes as the newer ones?
    I'm now considering a 2000 mini mill. I think that's the first year they made them. Is there anything I should look out for on the early mini mills?
    Thanks,
    Ralph

Edit: One more question - does running a mini mill on single phase reduce the spindle power compared to three phase?

Thanks! I've been to the Haas website but hadn't seen that page.
    I printed it out.
    Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by rawen2 View Post
    ....I'm now considering a 2000 mini mill. I think that's the first year they made them. Is there anything I should look out for on the early mini mills?
    Thanks,
    Ralph

Edit: One more question - does running a mini mill on single phase reduce the spindle power compared to three phase?
    MiniMills do have G02 as standard, and a lot of other G's as you have probably found out.

Yes they can thread mill. If you are doing tapered threads you will probably need Macro ability which is an option at about $2000.00

Year 2000 MiniMills do not have any particular problems; or at least my two do not.

Yes, single phase supply does reduce max spindle power. The Haas website will give you all the details.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Try WebMachinist.Net The Online Source for Machining Resources They have them there and you can download them in a PDF format too.

Quote Originally Posted by rawen2 View Post
    Pardon the newbie questions again.
    Is there a list somewhere of the G codes that the Haas uses?
    Are they all standard or do you have to pay extra for the fancy ones? I tried to think of a better word than "fancy" - Oh well.....
    For instance, is G2 (clockwise helical interpolation I think) standard?
    I'm wondering if the Mini Mill will do thread milling.
    Do the older mills understand and execute as many G codes as the newer ones?
    I'm now considering a 2000 mini mill. I think that's the first year they made them. Is there anything I should look out for on the early mini mills?
    Thanks,
    Ralph

try WebMachinist.Net The Ultimate Online Source for Machining Resources there are haas and fadal g codes there. And running the Mini mill on single phase does not reduce power. I had one in my garage and it ran great.

rawen2

The power is a little lower on single phase, But you will hardly notice any difference with normal use
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Yes they can thread mill. If you are doing tapered threads you will probably need Macro ability which is an option at about $2000.00
    If you are doing tapered threads, you can spend the $2000 for the macro option...OR...do a search on Micro100's website. At least that was where I found mine. They have an Excel spreadsheet for single pass, straight threads, two pass straight threads, single pass tapered threads, and two pass tapered threads. Personally, I don't use the one for straight threads since they are easy. I do use the two pass for tapered threads though.

It's easy enough to use. Enter the diameter of the threadmill, diameter of the thread to be cut, pitch, feed, and sfm. It does the rest. Just enter the code in your program, set the tool diameter in the control to 0, and try it. Depending on the thread pitch, threadmill, etc. I am using, finished size of the thread ends up with the tool diameter in the control some where between -0.005" to -0.020".

As to the spindle power, I cannot attest to the real world aspect of it since ours has only run on 3 phase, but Haas claims on paper 7.5HP on 3 phase and 5HP on single phase. Now, I am no mathematician, but that sounds like a significant difference in power.

Good luck to you...

Mike