584,841 active members*
4,402 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Centroid cnc4e dos problem

Hi everyone, I have been having trouble with my shizuka mill with a centroid cnc4e controller with stepper motors. The controller runs on DOS and every time I boot it up it goes to the menu screen and it will let me send and load a program, but the menu itself doesn't show up. This problem just accured and I need to now how to solve this probelm. The computer uses a 3 1/2" floppy centroid boot disk to get into the controller page where you enter in g-code or edit, setup, and exc. What I'm saying is it goes to the controller page, but the menu does'nt come up. It acts like it is stuck, if anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. It really sucks because we just put over $1000 into cad cam software and haven't even been able to use it. Thank you all that read this, reply, and give me a piece of your mind on the matter, I really appreciate it.

Hello everyone, I wanted to post sooner, but somethings came up. I have been piddling around with this thing and found out that the reason my program freezes up or locks up and does'nt all the way load is because of a error on the floppy boot disk. Now the next challenge is going to be finding another boot disk. This is an older controller that runs standard g-code. The program that is on this boot disk is "cencomm boot diskette 3.72" by centroid and this I think is going to be a pain to get. If anyone has this program and would part with it I would really appreciate or even if they know where to get one. After I get the disk then I will get back to the z axis problem. Thanks everybody

cencomm

I just spoke with someone at centroid and the boot disc is available for purchase from them. Did you get your problem resolved?