585,977 active members*
4,500 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Please help establish 2 work offsets w/acramatic

Please help establish 2 work offsets w/acramatic

I am very familiar with fanuc controls. we now have 2 cincinnati arror 750 with acramatic 2100 software 97.controls. All I want to do is find out how to tell these controls that my g54 (h01) is on one vise and g55(h02) is another. Currently is was informed to use g92.1x0y0 to tell were the one offset is. When I go to set-up and and ADD another setup it seems to write over the first one because I would call up a g0g90h01x0y0 and it would go to the same location as a g0g90h01x0y0. I feel like a total rookie and I'm loosing money big time by simply running only one work offset. so someone please help me. thanks -Mike [email protected].

Also we misplaced our back up installation disk so we are running on a 97 version which doesn't have the same offset option as does 99. If someone has the reinstall disc I would gladly pay a finders fee for it. Thank you

hi katsbobo,

my Cincinnati is the same yours.
    I turned on the machine but widows NT failed to start, the error was about boot device do you think that my control is crashed?
    Would you tell me if there is a solution for that problem. also if wanted to reinstall the software how can I connect CD-ROM to control unit.
    I'm also ready to pay for reinstall disc if there is any

Thanks,

Our's is at least a 1999 version.

To set mutliple work offsets is a little tricky to explain - but I'll try.

First you need to set one setup to your "master" co-ordinates. For simplicity sake I usually set it to X0, Y0, and Z30." (for safety)

Once your first setup is set, then from the setup screen select "View Setups" and it will change to "View Fixtures". The fixture offsets are now your different workpieces. Each one is based off of the original setup. So set you X's and Y's and Z's now.

Normally when you enter values in a single setup, the control will update your Zero location automatically and you will see X 0.000 Y 0.000 on the "current position". When using fixtures, the only way to make sure your zero is where you want is to run "G0G90X0.Y0.Z10.H1" Make sure you put some plus value for Z, because the spindle will want to rapid to the fixture offset zero.

Make sure you remove the fixtures when you're done the job so you don't run into any problems with future jobs.

The good thing about having the fixtures based off of a single setup, is that is you have 5 fixtures setup, and all need to be adjusted 0.005" on X for example, all you need to do is adjust the X value for the "master" setup and all 5 fixture offsets will be shifted.

Like I said, this is for our software from 1999 or newer. I hope it will work out for you.

Ok. So, we have one Cincinnati that does what you are describing and one that will not (Arrow 500 will. Sabre 1500 will not). Is there a way to set the fixture offsets with a G code. Similar to the setting a setup (G92.1). Or, do you have to enter them by hand all the time. Also, on an unrelated note, I was wondering how you make "G28 P4" work. We have jogged the table and spindle to where we want it for unloading. Went into align menu-pressed home position soft key-screen indicated that home position was set. Then we enter G28 P4 into a program, and it does not go to the home position we set.