584,817 active members*
4,899 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Changing the default post processor...

Changing the default post processor...

Hello!

Does anyone know how to change the default post processor in Bobcad rather than having to select the correct one each time bobcad starts up?

I'm using Mach 3 - Metric.MillPst.

I've tried editing millingmachinesetup.txt then running the ToBin.exe, but have had no luck (probably as I don't have a clue what I'm doing, just re-naming & deleting everything!).

Any help would be much appreciated!

I asked this same question yesterday while on the phone with tech support. It is possible but after he told me everything I had to do, I just delete all the other posts.

CAM Menu
    Right click Milling Tools>Current Setting>Posting>Select a Post Processor then you should be good to go
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
    CAM Menu
    Right click Milling Tools>Current Setting>Posting>Select a Post Processor then you should be good to go
    Can I call you next time instead to tech support?

Thanks! Easy when you know how ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by orizaba View Post
    Can I call you next time instead to tech support?

My office number in on my website www.axiscncprogramming.com
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Right click Milling Tools>Current Setting>Posting>Select
    This is a one time fix. In order to have the system always choose the same post upon opening you need to edit the MillingMachineSetup.txt file.

Just replace the post on the first machine, which is usually the default, with the name of your post processor. The only thing that you need to make sure of is that your post name does not have any spaces. This means both the .MillPst file and the reference you put into the MillingMachinesetup file.

There is a thread on the BobCAD support forum that details the editing of the MillingMachineSetup file. I would check there. I forget the exact link, but if you need me to I can try to find it again.

Regards

Re: Changing the default post processor...

No need to go editing your .xml file, simply go to "Cam Defaults > Current Settings > Select Posting > Select your Post in the Library > Select "Machine Parameters" and click the "Save as Default" button, now click the "OK" button, close BC and then when you re-open it your default PP will be the one you selected

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro: :rainfro: :rainfro:

Re: Changing the default post processor...

Rob
    Thanks that works also
    I hadn't tried it since it was listed as "Current Settings" thinking that was for the current session not for date forward default.

Terry