585,982 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > SprutCAM > sprutcam is a big pain

Thumbs up sprutcam is a big pain

very few tutorials. support sucks, very little activity in thier forum, 4th axis assignment to axis on part i still havent figured out after many hours and one tutorial the only on i could find on the net. i tryed to do exact same thing as tutorial and my newer version apparently doesnt work the same. i learned autocad very fast and can machine very complex parts on manual dro machines. they must have thier email filter on high because most ppl ive heard of say email support is very minimal if they get an answer at all. i called tormach where i purchased my machine they didnt seem to be able to help much. tormachs service is a1 and they ppl are great. i just wish they would be a little more clear about the fact if you are new to cam its going to be along hard road with lousy support.

Just checkout Deskproto, its great in 3-axis and 4-axis toolpath generation

Hired,

Tormach now has someone dedicated to providing SprutCAM support, per an announcement that Greg Jackson made on the Tormach Yahoo group so you should try contacting them. Also, I've found the SprutCAM tech support forum to be very helpful, providing the forum is actually working. Yuri at Sprut tries to help in email, but the main problem for me there is the translation from Russian to English at their end.

Mike

sprut support through tormach

I tried calling tormach (they are awesome ppl with A1 service) I talked to the guy there, but he wasnt much help himself, he did say if I put my questions in an email he would get them answered for me. the questions I ask where not easy ones.

Hired,

Greg Jackson (on one of the Tormach forums) said that they have hired a woman who will be handling SprutCAM tech support. This was in the past couple of weeks or thereabouts, so your contact at Tormach may not have known about her yet. If you check for posts by Greg Jackson in the Tormach forums here or on the Yahoo group you should find her name and email address.

Mike