584,846 active members*
4,034 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Does anyone have parts manual for Okuma LC10 with OSP3000 control?
Page 1 of 2 12

Does anyone have parts manual for Okuma LC10 with OSP3000 control?

I have a big oil leak in the turret... so Ill be needing part numbers for sure, but I also want to have the schematic drawing so I can understand the electronic side of things as well when I disassemble.

Im pretty darn mechanical, but I dont want to take something a part - only to find out I lost the reference to the turret position and then have to figure out how to get it back... Id much rather know what and how, so I can hopefully avoid losing the positions and having to dig much much deeper.

Anyone have any experience or schematics they would be willing to share? I tried my Okuma dealer and they dont have the Parts book for the LC10 with 3000 control. They have it in .PDF for the 5000 but its noticeably different... so Im assuming not applicable for parts or theory of operation.

Thanks in advance
    Wade

Wade

WE are located in Ohio and have the same machine. We get all the support we need froma place called Gosiger. They are in the Cleveland area.
    Good luck
    Fred

Thanks!
    I got lucky at Hartwig in Denver CO...
    They couldnt find anything in PDF - but then the gal put me in touch with a tech and he had the book in a pile somewhere... he dug it out and scanned me the pages I needed.... I ordered parts, tore down and reassembled today... No leak, all is well!!

Wade

OK since you got it running....................

Maybe you can help me run mine. It seems to me that when in MDI I should be able to give the machine a T0505 and have the readouts display where the tool is, mostly on X. The reason for this is because I like to use the machine to rough things out before running the program. Kinda like a manual lathe. This all may seem a little like beginner questions and they are. I have been running a vertical machine center for most of my life and the boss thinks it would be cool to expand my horizons a little. I am up for it but he is not a great teacher of programming. Conversly when I call up a tool in a machine center and give it a tool length offset I know exactly where the end of the tool is in relation to the table or work or whatever I have set as z zero.
    Sorry for the ramble
    Fred

Fred T
    Im so sorry I missed this reply from you.... I never got an email notification and hadnt checked back here..

You get this all figured out or can I still be of any assistance?
    My email is in my profile so feel free to email me if I dont reply to a post here in reasonable time.

Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Wade C View Post
    Fred T
    Im so sorry I missed this reply from you.... I never got an email notification and hadnt checked back here..

You get this all figured out or can I still be of any assistance?
    My email is in my profile so feel free to email me if I dont reply to a post here in reasonable time.

Wade
    Hi, I have a english parts manual for a okuma lc-10 with a osp 3000 control.
    if you still need one.
    thank you
    rod

Digital or hard copy?

Id sure like a copy of it if its something easy for you. I dont want you to have to go through any trouble to get a copy to me.

Or if you want to send it to me and have me scan it if its a hard copy, Id be happy to do that.

I got a copy of one for a 5000 control, that has some similarities, but Im just concerned about little differences that the 5000 version doesnt have or is different.

Thanks a ton!
    Wade

OSP 3000 manual

I have a parts book for a lc10 with osp 3000 contol this is a hard copy.
    thank you
    rod

Id love a copy if its not too much trouble

Wade

Do you still need the parts book for lc-10 with osp 3000 control.
    thank you
    rod

I dont "need" it at the moment... as things are running smoothly, but at some point Im sure I will. Id like a copy if its not too much trouble.

Thanks
    Wade

I put it on ebay for $4.99 the other day. I have other manuals for osp 5000 control if you need them.
    thank you
    rod

Got it! Thanks!

Wade

In need of help...

I have an Okuma LC10 lathe, OS3000L, Serial#0627. After a recent move, the lathe's control will not start due to a memory parity error. Unfortunately, the core memory tapes, needed to reboot and diagnose the lathe, have been lost during the move. I have contacted Gossiger West, but their price and lead time are more than I can manage right now. I love my LC10, and do not want to part with it. I am hoping that there is someone out there that can help. I will be glad to compensate anyone for temporary use of their tapes. Also, I am more than willing to share any knowledge, spare parts, manuals, etc, to anyone in need of help too. I run a small Aerospace plastics machining company that my father started 40 years ago. We have a Fadal 4020 VMC, the Okuma mentioned above, Mitutoyo BH305 CMM, as well as several manual machines. We program with Virtual Gibbs V5.55.02 and Predator Editor. I hope I can be of assistance, and I look forward to hearing from anyone regarding my LC10. Thank you!

-Jerry

The fact that someone can get them for you is surprising to me... last I checked supposedly okuma didnt have them anymore...
    Let me run your serial and see what your build sheet says you have and from there see what can be found.

Wade

Talked to my leading lady at Hartwig.
    She said they are very different machines... and that my tapes wont work for you. One leading contrast is I have a LC10-1ST - no tail stock and yours has one.

She sent me a copy of the control data sheet to see there are enough differences between yours and mine that there would be major problems if you used my tapes. She was pretty convinced that unless you find someone with the same exact machine, that youll be stuck either finding your tapes or buying new ones.

Sorry for the not so good news.
    Wade

... or installing some quite new control ...

Thanks for the great effort WadeC! It looks like I will have to go with Gossiger to get the tapes. I knew it would be next to impossible to find someone with the exact match, but it was worth a shot to save $3400. I just need to get back up and running again. Thanks again for your help.

Parts manual for Okuma LC10 with OSP3000 control

Let me look, I might have the book you need, I will check that for you tomorow morning

LC10 OSP3000

I have the parts book for a lc 10 with osp 5000-G, but I do not have the osp 3000. Can this help you..

Page 1 of 2 12