584,858 active members*
4,594 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Set CAPS NC SPEC Parameter 81 = 2

I think it posts it on it's own line though.

You can buy an option called Mori Post, which will give you full control of editing your CAPS post.

There are two parameters you need to change for Y axis turning... they are both in the back of the ladder diagram. One of them refers to using the tool presetter without Y being in the home position, the other refers to cycle start being allowed regardless of Y home position.

The latest version of MAPPS software allows for the Y positions to be set in your tool registration screen after you define your shape. Press the Tool Pos. button and it'll bring you to that screen and you'll see "Y shift" on the bottom left.

Hi
    This is my first post and i did a search on the NL2500 and here i am. We have just taken delivery of a NL2500 and i asked the applications engineer about screen shots. I can do them ok on our Muratec MW120 with a Fanuc T31i control but havent as yet found out if its possible, or how to do them on the NL2500. The engineer didnt know and the supplier has never been asked. You may call them screen dumps in the USA.

Regards

martin

set MAPPS paremeter 1475 to a 1... i'm pretty sure it's 1475... I don't work for Mori anymore so I lost my master list

(press setting hard key, type 61, press input, change MAPPS Parameter write to enable, press system hard key, left shift key, MAPPS parameters, 1475, number search)

Once you set that parameter, place a memory card into the ATA slot, press the Shift key and then the Calc key... it should write a screen shot to the card.

if you want to use USB, change 1475 to a 2

just out of curiousity what type of payments and terms are you looking at on your deal?

Hi

I work for Mori Seiki in the UK as an Applications Engineer these machines really are the bee's Knees and I would recommend that everyone has one.

NL's are great machines. matty, i'm an ex AE for mori seiki New Jersey (usa)... I left in december.

My shop currently has 3 NL 2500s. 2 are 2500SY/700 and one is a single spindle with tailstock. They are by far the best machine I have ever used, granted I'm only 19 and have been using them for 3 years but from what I have seen they are the top of the top of the line. I personally have never used CAPPS other than for training. I find it not very user friendly compared to CAM software. I do have some reccomendations for toolholders. For dual stick tools I reccomend Eppinger, very good quality but they are a little more expensive than normal ones. I have never really dabbled in quad holders but I think I may look into that cause I am starting to have issues with open tool stations.

Im looking into purchasing a NL 2500 SY/700 for the first time what are some pro's and con's

Thank you

Page 2 of 2 12