585,722 active members*
4,396 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Replacment parts

So i am over my warrenty and no one at Syil america returns calls any way, and i am wondering how to get a replacment driver and power source?

Is their a direct site somewhere selling these componets and if not...why not?

Or better yet how hard would it be to replace these drivers with a higher quality driver such as a gecko? Not that the chinese drivers dont work its just i have replaced 3 in the last 2 years.

Any ideas? I found some power source on kelings site that should work...
    I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause i don't like you cause you are not like me.

Question Loose connections.

Loose connections and connectors can kill drivers. It is very important that all connections to steppers are perfect.

An intermittent connection can kill drivers, and not just the Syil ones.

Same channel died twice? Find the cause, or live with it till it dies again.
    Once something has run for a month or 2 blame external causes.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

i`m not sure your driver how to broken,but we look like not get so many back fake driver from syilamerica.
    last two weeks syil america mr richard was infrom us prepare a power and a old G control board.i`m not sure it is for yours or not,but we will not forgot old customers even though out of warantty.
    but of course,we need charge the cost of replacement parts and need you reture the broken one for Syil america too.
    anyway please keep contact them,i think the replacemnet parts will be sent in this month end.
    xushuo
    syil.china.
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

CLASSIC!!! China man complain about fake product- verrrry irony

words mistake,hehe

Legion,
    If the machine is good enough to keep it going, you might think of dumping that Chinese control system and going with a domestic one- try Camtronics. Too bad you have to deal with some guy in Shanghai instead of one of the 5 Guys from Oregon.

I have been very pleased with the machine when its running. And richard has been great it has only been lately that they seem to MIA.

I didn't want to start a fight or any bashing i suspect my machine has run more than most, in fact i actually aqquired a second one used.

All i want to know is how we can get our hands on replacement parts and have them on hand instead of being down for a month. I think Syil could make decent money offering these components this way.

I will call Syil America again, and i will look into some conversions.
    I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause i don't like you cause you are not like me.

I second the notion of replacing the electronics with local parts. I bought my Super X3 in Sept. of 2007. I have yet to complete cutting a part with it. I won't go into all of the issues that I've had (many). I have had big problems with the wiring. Many of the connectors/connections will just come off in your hand with a little tug. None of the connectors in my machine were crimped properly. Shorts would develop as the machine was running. The latest short was one of the transformer leads. So... I need/plan to replace all of the electronics. While doing so I also plan on moving them to an external enclosure that is easier to work on. I've been looking at Camtronics. Have folks had a good experience with their products?

BTW: In fairness to Syil America, I gave up calling them after I got defective replacements parts. They been very nice to me, but I decided that I would be more productive on my own. I actually bought another mill to get the work done. I'm just tinkering around with this one. I'm planning to use it to cut traces in PCB prototypes.

-S

Quote Originally Posted by sigipa View Post
    I second the notion of replacing the electronics with local parts. I bought my Super X3 in Sept. of 2007. I have yet to complete cutting a part with it. I won't go into all of the issues that I've had (many). I have had big problems with the wiring. Many of the connectors/connections will just come off in your hand with a little tug. None of the connectors in my machine were crimped properly. Shorts would develop as the machine was running. The latest short was one of the transformer leads. So... I need/plan to replace all of the electronics. While doing so I also plan on moving them to an external enclosure that is easier to work on. I've been looking at Camtronics. Have folks had a good experience with their products?

BTW: In fairness to Syil America, I gave up calling them after I got defective replacements parts. They been very nice to me, but I decided that I would be more productive on my own. I actually bought another mill to get the work done. I'm just tinkering around with this one. I'm planning to use it to cut traces in PCB prototypes.

-S
    hello,tomorrow 6th,we will have some replacement parts left to syilamerica,it is include some X4 complete elecontrics.very stable and quality.
    Richard infrom us during the SIEG X3 elecontrics hardly to repaire and also they don`t have more stocks of those parts,also sieg have been no longer keep service for 2 years elecontics,so we have no choice only to change all by SYIL x4 kits.
    i`m not sure tomorrow left package include yours or not,so,better email to syilamerica and confrim asap.
    xushuo

Smile

Sigipa,

Camtronics chassis use Gecko products.

Dan Muach is a member of the CNC Zone and checks in once in a while.

In the mean time do you want to sell the boat anchor?

JoeyB

Exclamation My SX3

I found it necessary to re-crimp EVERY crimped connection.
    Tightened all the screws. A nut fell in the power supply and Syil sent me another. Thanks.
    Now ALL of the loose connections have been fixed my SX3 runs 3-6 hours per day most of the time.
    Once I figured the un-documented pump wiring, and added power sockets for lamp and pump, my machine is 100% reliable.
    The pump hardware is pretty ordinary and nothing fitted. Even had to repair the magnet and the seal clapped out in 4 hours. Lucky (for me) I have a lathe.

Syil. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE STUPID SPINDLE BEEP BEEP, TIME WASTING WAIT FOR IT TO START STOP.
    THIS ISSUE ADDRESSED MANY TIMES HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED.
    YOU HAVE JUST MOVED ONTO NEXT MODEL AND SCREW THE EARLY VERSION and CUSTOMERS. IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE PROPERLY. 16 MONTHS, and lucky I can invent my own fixes. I offered to fix all the problems for free given the documentation and it really seems that you don't care.
    Now there. I have said it. Any comments??

UPGRADING THE MODEL DOES NOT FIX MY BEEP BEEP BEEP.
    IT IS EAST CRYSTAL PROBLEM.
    YOU (syil) STILL USE EC DRIVERS!
    MOTOR DRIVE SOFTWARE BY SAME PEOPLE. NO BODY IS GOING TO STEAL IT. WE JUST WANT TO FIX OUR BLOODY MACHINES.
    Yes I am YELLING and so WE SHOULD.
    Super X3. 3600rpm. Sheridan 6"x24" Lathe + more. Three ways to fix things: The right way, the other way, and maybe your way, which is possibly a faster wrong way.

the sound of spindle was design by SIEG x3 machine,not us.we try to communiate with them cancel but it is hardly.they have around 2~3 model of mainboard and other electontics.that is why we drop X3 reason too.
    so in X4 it is have been cancel this sound.

we didn`t drop the old customers,and we keep in service them replace parts if we have stocks.even though we sent whole X4 kits to customers change for X3.

currectly X4 elecontics better too much,we use one color cable and tight them very stable.every cable have code name.and cut in suitble length not like old confusion.you also can see the pic we add 4 axis quickly connector and water pump switch.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.jpg   2.jpg  

Smile

i`m sorry Neil take so many hours to solve X3 cnc.if you need any replace parts let me konw,we will sent to Frans.
    Your sincerely
    xushuo

Got to say the whole spindle situation is driving me up the wall a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    I found it necessary to re-crimp EVERY crimped connection.
    Tightened all the screws. A nut fell in the power supply and Syil sent me another. Thanks.
    Now ALL of the loose connections have been fixed my SX3 runs 3-6 hours per day most of the time.
    Once I figured the un-documented pump wiring, and added power sockets for lamp and pump, my machine is 100% reliable.
    The pump hardware is pretty ordinary and nothing fitted. Even had to repair the magnet and the seal clapped out in 4 hours. Lucky (for me) I have a lathe.

Syil. I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THE STUPID SPINDLE BEEP BEEP, TIME WASTING WAIT FOR IT TO START STOP.
    THIS ISSUE ADDRESSED MANY TIMES HAS NEVER BEEN FIXED.
    YOU HAVE JUST MOVED ONTO NEXT MODEL AND SCREW THE EARLY VERSION and CUSTOMERS. IT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SOMETHING THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE PROPERLY. 16 MONTHS, and lucky I can invent my own fixes. I offered to fix all the problems for free given the documentation and it really seems that you don't care.
    Now there. I have said it. Any comments??

Gotta love those Chinese- always the same response- " We do better next time". Years ago a guy I know bought a container load of drill presses. They were supposed to be 3/4 HP motors. Upon receipt, he found they had no power and on closer inspection he found the motor tag said 1/4HP and the 1 had been over stamped with a 3. When he complained to the Chinese, they responded by blaming the motor factory and offering to sell him the proper motors. Looks like not much has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    i`m sorry Neil take so many hours to solve X3 cnc.if you need any replace parts let me konw,we will sent to Frans.
    Your sincerely
    xushuo
    OK Thank you. Please send non BEEP BEEP BEEP replacement controller for SX3.
    It takes over 2 minutes EVERY tool change waiting for it to STOP and START.
    That makes a 20 minute job 1 hour. My time is worth something.

Mach3 control sends PWM to run. Machine must start instantly.
    Mach3 control sends PWM to stop. Machine must stop instantly.
    Mach3 control sends DIRECTION to change. Machine must reverse instantly.

It is as simple as that. No excuses. No reasons.
    Non BEEP BEEP non auto button pushing replacement version please.

Thankyou.

Does any body else need one?

Quote Originally Posted by neilw20 View Post
    Does any body else need one?
    I wouldn't say no!