585,573 active members*
3,439 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Shopmaster confusion

I recently purchased a shoptask 1720XMTC with the cnc
    servos from a garage sale. It needs some parts and I was wondering what i need to do to get the cnc set up and going. Any advise?

When I had my 17-20, Shoptask always kept a good supply of parts. Call them with your serial # and they can supply the parts for the machine. They should also have a record on the CNC if it was a factory unit. If its a home grown, then this forum is your best place for help.

Machine Pics

Does anybody have any pics showing how all the cnc is set up on their shopmaster shoptask?

Most of the CNC installation info along with pictures have been posted here in the past. Look through the posts on this web site and you will find them. I think a lot of the parts will be common winth the Bridgemill, so Shoptask should still be able to supply them. Contact Shoptask at [email protected] or go to their web site, www.shoptask.com JT will have a record of your machine and will know what parts you need. As far as the electronics side, you need to decide if you want a stepper system or a servo system. Once you decide that, stepper motors and servo motors are available from several sources, Camtronics, Homeshopcnc, and a number of other sources. The Shoptask uses motors in the 465 in/oz range. You will also need a power supply and drivers to make the motors run. You can buy a pre built system or build your own. Dan at Camtronics makes a nice kit (that's what I have) or there are other vendors that can supply one. Gecko drives are the way to go in my opinion. Service is great and the drives are very reliable. They just came out with a new low powered system, the G540 that contains everything but the power supply in one box. The only down side is that it is limited to 3.5 amp motors.

Good luck on your conversion

David

Sorry, I didn't read all your original post. You already have the servos installed? What parts are you looking for?