584,837 active members*
5,536 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

anaheim automation?

I JUST BOUGHT OLDER DIGITAL TOOL CNC ROUTER. IT HAS ANAHEIM AUTOMATION MOTORS AND DRIVER PACK. WHEN I BOUGHT THE ROUTER IT STILL HAD THE ORIGANAL SOFTWARE AND COMPUTER FROM 1992. I'VE TALKED WITH ANAHEIM AUTOMATION HALF A DOZEN TIMES NOW. THEY TOLD ME I COULD UPDATE THE COMPUTER TO WINDOWS XP AND RECAMENDED MACH3 SOFTWARE. THE PROBLEM I'M HAVING IS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PIN LAYOUT. ANAHEIM TOLD ME YESTURDAY THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY PAPERWORK ON THE DRIVER PACK. THE MODEL NUMBER IS DPF41BB1. DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS DRIVER PACK? OR HAVE ANY ADVICE ON SETTING UP THE MACH3 SOFTWARE PIN LAYOUT?

I bought those drivers back in 1993-04 for equipment I was developing at the time... They were supplied from a local motion control supplier and they (at the time) had complete hookup and repair schematics. you could try a local industrial supplier mine was Bertlkamp Automation in Knoxville,TN. http://www.bertelkamp.com/

Oh yeah here this might help....

Good luck

Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails aa-wiring.jpg  

thank you

thank you,
    I'll try it out and let you know if it fix's the problem I'm having.
    chris

We had an Anaheim Automation stepper drive model MLP07081 that kept throwing errors and after many attempts to solve the issues decided to buy a new one. AA claimed their MLA10641 was the compatible replacement for the older model that they no longer make. After installing it and not having it work we discovered a difference in the Fault Out (C), these are the descriptions from the two manuals: MLP07801 "When a fault occurs, the output will conduct current to the emitter." MLA10641 "When NO fault occurs, this output will conduct current to the emitter."
    Though we should be able to fix it by reconfiguring the interface, that's a pretty big difference!