584,879 active members*
5,089 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > HURCO > I/R Module General Fault

I/R Module General Fault

On Hurco BMC30HTZM I am getting an I/R Module General Fault. It will not reset and repeats the same fault. Where do I look?

Open the cabinet doors while keeping the keyswitch turned. Keep it turned until you have pulled the switches in the top corners until they click. Then release the keyswitch.
    Look at the I/R module (big beige unit in the middle upper of the cabinet, no display, just fault / status lights).
    See if there are any fault LEDs on.
    If just yellow and/or green, go to the console, press "manual" press and hold "power" press "reset servos and spindle" then press and hold "start" as well as "power". Do the servos start now with the power and start buttons held?
    Let me know.....

If you still have the problem, please advise,we have a solution (same problem on a BMC30HT with SIEMENS drives.

We have the same fault coming up on a HURCO 4020 HT , it lets us move in the Z & X but when you try to move in the Y this fault comes up . Does this point to a faulty Y drive ?? as you all probably know HURCO's can be very missleading when it comes to telling you whats wrong with them !!

Re: I/R Module General Fault

Hi,
    I have the same fault. Prompting IR general fault on the screen sometimes during switching on, sometimes after a few minutes milling. It is a Hurco VMX 24 HT.
    We changed E/R modul / LT modules and after a while the same situation.
    Please if you knew a solution for this problem let me knew how to solve this problem with the siemens drive chain.
    Thanks

Re: I/R Module General Fault

These needs must be understood that the entire chain of high-precision instruments of production technology must have perfect control in the chain.