585,930 active members*
3,938 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anyone use a Haas VF5/40TR?

We are looking into purchasing another 5-axis machine, and this looks like a good candidate. We are not looking for the accuracy of our Hermle, so at 1/2 the price of the Hermle, the Haas looks like it may be what we need.

Has anyone used this machine? If so, I would appreciate any feedback, positive or negative.

Thanks in advance,

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Hi, I used to sell Haas in the SouthEast part of the country. One concern about Haas and their rotaries, is that the rotaries are not serviced by the dealers. I worked for the Haas dealer of the year for the last several years (sales and service rated #1) and we didn't carry one tool for the rotaries. They had to be sent to the factory.

Secondly, they do not use scales on either axism just simple encoders. This works good at first, but after time when the screws wear, you have to keep right on it, and program the B in one direction.

Also, one thing to consider, instead of the TR, is a regular VF5 with a add on trunion style setup. These will bolt right on to the table, but you can actually remove it and use it as a 3 axis machine. Your not locked in to that huge table, with that small work envelope.

I can get you a good deal on a Demo VF-6/TR from the dealer i used to work for.