585,690 active members*
4,997 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion99999 View Post
    Tottally off topic and unrelated.
    yes,hehe.during the OP never post his main problem....
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by syil View Post
    yes,hehe.during the OP never post his main problem....
    definitly he or she should post back its problem, but this is definitly going off topic
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Sorry for drifting-
    This should get us back on track

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62434

This is an old thread but I would like to chime in.

I too am a small businessman (Wildhorse Innovations - The DRO-350 Store). I haven't had a "vacation" in three years.

I am lucky, (well I've actually planned it this way) in that my products are small. When I do travel, I work like a banchee to get ahead on inventory and load up my van with parts so that I can fill orders along the way.

I check my email several times a day (smart phone) and even have a "hot spot" phone so I can get online with my laptop just about anywhere I have cell service.

Most emails are answered the same day, sometimes within minutes.

I don't have employees because every employee adds to my work load (taxes, regulations, employee relations, etc.).

Syil America obviously has some problems, though they may be small. As an example, their website link for the Mach3 profile for the C6 is broken. Something like that should never exist for more than a few days at the most. It has been broken for the 2 weeks I have been looking at their site, probably longer than that.

I have ordered a C6 lathe, but am now questioning my decision. Delivery is in about 1o days so we will see.

If you are going to be a small businessman you must realize that the customer is king.

I'm not complaining about my "job". I have chosen to be a small businessman (I have always said I will work 80 hours a week to avoid the 40 hour work week.)

But in making that choice, a person must realize that they are taking on burdens that the average employee never sees.

One last thing. No where on the Syil America website do they publish their address, not even a post office box. They do have a Google Map which shows they are somewhere near Coos Bay, OR. For a company which is selling machines costing thousands of dollars, this is inexcusable.

Just my 2 cents worth but backed by 40+ years of self-employeement in over a half dozen ventures.

Gary Bruce
    Wildhorse Innovations - The DRO-350 Store
    Plains, MT

syil america working good,yes the web have little problem,but we wil fix that.
    we later will update all model for 2011 model.then syil china and syil america web both need re-design..or update.

the onwer of syil america will coming to visit us at 24h again.they have been visit us 3 times.and we also working very well at chicago show too.

i think like post address or small mistake of web both nothing issue..
    syil america have very confidence of this yeas sales in states.

so,i`m sure they will have a good job expercially spend much time and expense to coming china for business visit...
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Quote Originally Posted by netboss View Post
    This is an old thread but I would like to chime in.

I too am a small businessman (Wildhorse Innovations - The DRO-350 Store). I haven't had a "vacation" in three years.

I am lucky, (well I've actually planned it this way) in that my products are small. When I do travel, I work like a banchee to get ahead on inventory and load up my van with parts so that I can fill orders along the way.

I check my email several times a day (smart phone) and even have a "hot spot" phone so I can get online with my laptop just about anywhere I have cell service.

Most emails are answered the same day, sometimes within minutes.

I don't have employees because every employee adds to my work load (taxes, regulations, employee relations, etc.).

Syil America obviously has some problems, though they may be small. As an example, their website link for the Mach3 profile for the C6 is broken. Something like that should never exist for more than a few days at the most. It has been broken for the 2 weeks I have been looking at their site, probably longer than that.

I have ordered a C6 lathe, but am now questioning my decision. Delivery is in about 1o days so we will see.

If you are going to be a small businessman you must realize that the customer is king.

I'm not complaining about my "job". I have chosen to be a small businessman (I have always said I will work 80 hours a week to avoid the 40 hour work week.)

But in making that choice, a person must realize that they are taking on burdens that the average employee never sees.

One last thing. No where on the Syil America website do they publish their address, not even a post office box. They do have a Google Map which shows they are somewhere near Coos Bay, OR. For a company which is selling machines costing thousands of dollars, this is inexcusable.

Just my 2 cents worth but backed by 40+ years of self-employeement in over a half dozen ventures.

Gary Bruce
    Wildhorse Innovations - The DRO-350 Store
    Plains, MT
    Gary,

I just bought an econoprobe kit, and my order processed, shipped, and arrived so fast, I can't believe its all just you. That shows just how serious you take your business. Fantastic service, and I will be a return customer any time I can.

As for the rest of this thread, it shows why I would never spend thousands of dollars with a company I can't even have an address for. Couple that with lack of documentation on the web, etc... I made my decision to stay away early on in my search. Its a shame because I think they have a good product, but first impressions and perceptions are hard to overlook.

I agree 100%, especially when you have to beg for weeks just to get a quote.

Etced

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    I admit its a simplistic and one sided outline. There have been hundreds of volumes written about this subject by a lot of really smart people. But in general, the good ol' USA has pretty much been regarded as and treated like a big dumb hick in bib overalls, wearing a straw, hat stepping off a bus carrying a suitcase full of money. The rest of the world must be cracking up at the possibility that in a few months or years we could be led by an airheaded beauty queen.
    When the US pays China the 200 odd billion dollars it owes them you can re - post your original historical information comment!!

Page 2 of 2 12