586,000 active members*
4,928 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

SYIL AMERICA'S SUPPORT

Well I have had it with Syil America, put 3 messages on there phone to Richard or Jeff and one on Richards cell phone, and no return phone call for support.

What I can see after reading the threads on this forum is, they sell you the machine and you pay for it and you get a little help and then GOODBYE.

I have done bussiness with a lot of companys in my 40 yrs as a machinist and have called for support at least they called me back even though they could not solve the problem, Syil won't even call me back or even Email me.

Right now I am going to look for another brand of lathe, I was going to order a C-6 at the end of October, since Syil's support and business tacktic's STINKS.

I am a firm beleiver of comunication, since you never know when you might get a repeat order, or have a repeat customer buy a C-6 Lathe.

I hope Syil China reads this post, I am not a happy camper with Syil america.

So now that I have vented my thought's on Syil America I am going to tear into the problem myself and try to get this machine running and make some money so I can buy another brand of Lathe.

Yes, if I destroy any parts I won't be buying them from Syil America since I can probly get a better quality part for half the price.

One last comment, the X-3 mill is a fantastic machine, since it can hold .001 tolorance all day long as long as you keep putting parts in.

R.M.D. Marine
    Treasure Island, Florida

sorry for that,but from some days before MSN talk with Jeff famliy,i got message Mr jeff in vacation.and will be back in next week.
    and Richard currectly was in austria for business,anyway i will keep contact them and push they reach your asap.
    if you have some technical questions also can email to [email protected]
    you have SX3 cnc or X4?
    thank you
    Syil.china
    xushuo
    Direction,Commitment,Follow through

Xusho,
    One on vacation and one overseas covers 2 of the 5 guys from Oregon- where are the other three? Its the 21st century and every middle school student has a cellphone that can access e-mails, you would think that an adult businessman could match that. You may have studied business based on some 19th century model, but you need to re-evaluate your situation. Why allow these guys to take a huge chunk of your profits and then ignore the customers and dump the service onto you? You could reduce the retail price and sell direct and increase your own profits in exchange for taking on the service responsibility. Check with your local freight forwarder, and I think you will find you can ship these machines direct from China to the consumer for very little. The people who buy these machines are by their very nature very technically skilled and do not need much help in the repair. Just as RMD Marine said, he would be content if someone answers his e-mails and supplies him with parts.

i can understand customer feeling which lost contact from syil america.
    but i`m still confidence of them service.they can flight to customer help them and flight to SYIL UK help dealers.aLso help us improve a lot of machine quality.
    yes,maybe those weeks very busy for them,but anyway i will call them tomorrow by my person.
    and get reply to customer asap.
    Syil China.

Xushuo,
    Thanks for proving my point- within a few minutes you responded, meaning you are a serious and committed businessman.

i can understand you means which suggest us sell to states directly,of course the cost will be a little cheap than currectly Syil america sell,but customer need take a very complicate for import a machine.then if any issue of quality and need replace some parts,will be very trouble.
    for some technical problem,also easy for solve by a native langauge service.
    Syil america was good service but them profits also not like your think so huge.need pay tax,advertisement,machine show.and a lot of domestic cost such like calling,fax,or travel to customers.
    then they still can make mostly customers satisfy..so...give them some chance.

thank you for your consider.and understand.
    i will do my best for service.
    xushuo
    Syil.china.

Xushuo,
    A Chinaman's politcial acumen puts us to shame. But since the wheels are already rolling around in your head , here is some info.
    Machine tool accessories are classified under 8467.89.509022.00 duty free
    Lathes and mills are under 8458.19.0020141.90 4.4%
    There is an " easy " entry form for individuals from US Customs which can be accessed from their website and filled out in advance, so the end users merely goes to his nearest port of entry, signs the form, pays his duty and freight and collects the goods.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpshooter90 View Post
    Xushuo,
    A Chinaman's politcial acumen puts us to shame. But since the wheels are already rolling around in your head , here is some info.
    Machine tool accessories are classified under 8467.89.509022.00 duty free
    Lathes and mills are under 8458.19.0020141.90 4.4%
    There is an " easy " entry form for individuals from US Customs which can be accessed from their website and filled out in advance, so the end users merely goes to his nearest port of entry, signs the form, pays his duty and freight and collects the goods.

hehe,i`m not sure the US import tax or other fee,but i`m very clearly if i need some import products frist will call located dealer if have.
    like you buy a german car i think mostly also from US local,not germany.even though it is better or cheap.
    Like HAAS.in our city ningbo have big service center,show room,and 24 hours service calling.of course it is 100% made in USA,and import from states.
    today i talk with richard,and he have been working on that customers i think,we also have some replacement parts left tomorrow.so currently we(syil china) no plan to sell directly.it is will too many trouble for us for future service.

China.SyiL
    Xushuo

Did you try posting a question on this forum? It is a great resource as well. Could be that one of these guys answered another customer just before they took their Family on vacation. They could have in turn, helped.

Now I do agree someone should have answered an email. But getting irate about these guys going on business trips and vacations, is just an overreaction on your part. That is just my opinion, of course. I don't own anything from them, but I do know that a small business man can get swamped with emails all of the sudden and especially so if he is out of pocket for a couple days.
    Patience and a little time usually solves these type things.
    They aren't working to your schedule and it's understandable that this has irritated you, but since you should have dropped the attitude and been thankful that Syil was willing to help here. Instead, you chose to suggest how he should run his business.
    Ask the question you are having trouble with already so we can be fully informed on what the beef is, since it is now a public gripe.

My apologies. I didn't realize the OP wasn't Sharpshooter. That kind of explains why the support question hasn't been posted.
    Lee

I purchased an X3 last year from Syil america and every thing I needed was taken care of. We always want imediate response to everything. I do a lot of purchasing for a large business. I forget about the smaller companies. and sometimes expect imediate responses to all my questions and especially my problems. Syil took very good care of me, I purchased the machine is July 07 every thing I asked for was taken care of reasonably. There were a few quality issues in the machine and all items were replaced with new components for free. One thing I found that I repaired myself was the Y axis ball screw has a small snap ring groove on the end to limit the travel and allowing the balls to fall out of the nut. I removed the ball screw and made the groove deeper so the snap ring would not come off when the end of travel hit it. Other than that, there were a few little things like a loose connection in the back that would not let the spindle speed readout work. Jeff sent me 2 displays and a front side control board at his expense to correct it. Some times you just have to be patient. What is your issue? maybe some of us here at CNC zone could help you out? As for being in business to buy directly from china. It's more work than you could imagine. We all forget some little things like the lives we live when we are trying to vacation or children and spouses. Oh yes they also demand out time as well. Again ask a few of us here and we may be able to solve any little problems with the machines too. I appreciate all the help everyone on the Zone has done for me. I have learned tons of information from this site. Now all I have to do is figure out how to empty out all the useless information in my brain so I have more room to soak up new things from all the guys here. What I mean by useless is all the junk I didn't need to remember when growing up like old numbers and trivia that is only good if you are on jeprody......;>))

I bought my SX3 around July of 2007 as well. I had a few issues with it when I got it which turned out to be a bad driver for the Y axis. I also had issues with the Y ballscrew coming apart on me. All issues that I have had were dealt with promptly and I had the parts within a day or two. Sometimes i'd go a day without hearing back from them, but ultimately I got everything resolved.

I wound up replacing a few of the connectors or soldering wires to connectors because I didn't like the crimped on leads as a small tug could pull out the wires. Other than that, things have been pretty good. The machine performs very well for my needs as well.

I know the guys at Syil America are busy, but if you leave a polite message I have always been quick to get a response. I might have considered a Tormach, but the price and the weight were out of my acceptable ranges. The SX3 barely fit my space and my budget.

Wade

where is RMDMARINE.if you can tell me exactly problem you have on your SX3,i will try to help in every day.we have engieer read emails from cnczone too.
    also,Bobbry,please wait for my answer tomorrow.
    Xushuo

I'll bet those US distributors are happy to hear you have absolutely no plans to sell behind their backs.
    By the way did you see that the North Koreans are starting up those Nuke reactors again after we gave them all that aid to shut them down.
    Who woulda guessed?

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    I'll bet those US distributors are happy to hear you have absolutely no plans to sell behind their backs.
    By the way did you see that the North Koreans are starting up those Nuke reactors again after we gave them all that aid to shut them down.
    Who woulda guessed?

thank you,we working with syil america very closely like with other dealer.
    regards the NorthK.how to say.i don`t think they have ability make Nuclear weapon,maybe only for the elecontrics.even though one day they have.they still no dare to bomb US.also,if US right now or future have military action on them or taking war,i also think CHINA will not help them too much,or just left them during we really have a mistake before 50 years to help them.
    they are different world.....
    it is my presonal ideas...hehe

You must be very young, or all your history books got burned back in 1976. I had an uncle who survived the " frozen chosin". Here is a brief outline of events over the past 70 years-
    1937-1945 USA pours billions into China to try and stop the Japs. Most of the money goes to corrupt generals and warlords.
    1945- 1949 More billions go to Chiang Kai Shek to fight the communist menace of Mao. Once again most of the aid goes into the pockets of Chiang and his cronies.
    1949 Chiang hightails it to Taiwan with all that loot and convinces USA to keep funding them in the fight against communism.
    1950-1953 North Korea invades South korea and we spend some more billions to fight against the Chinese who swarm across the 38th parallel armed with weapons we supplied Russia from 1941-1945 and China during the 1937-1945 period.
    1949-1979 Taiwan uses the money to build up an industrial infrastructure to- you guessed it- manufacture cheap goods in competition with us.
    1979-present Nixon opens up China relations and the USA goes on buying binge of cheap goods until China holds enough cash reserves to purchase most of the USA businesses still standing.
    Moral of story- We are so dumb we will believe anything a Chinaman tells us. We deserve to be called Guai Lo's

humm i think is going off topic dont you think, the post was about one user having problem with aftersale service and as it goes this thread is heading toward the bad leadership the us as and what is causing the current state of the economy
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own. -Les opinions exprimé dans ce messages sont les mienne

Listen if you are having a problem with the US guys call Syil Canada. Keith might ba able to help you out. Shipping from Canada to the US is not bad at all. here is his nimber (403) 400- 7945.

Sounds like the poor little old US of A got shafted by everyone, I doubt it. I wonder if the story from the other side has the same slant.

Your impartial, balanced view of historical events is breathtaking.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by smallblock View Post
    You must be very young, or all your history books got burned back in 1976. I had an uncle who survived the " frozen chosin". Here is a brief outline of events over the past 70 years-
    1937-1945 USA pours billions into China to try and stop the Japs. Most of the money goes to corrupt generals and warlords.
    1945- 1949 More billions go to Chiang Kai Shek to fight the communist menace of Mao. Once again most of the aid goes into the pockets of Chiang and his cronies.
    1949 Chiang hightails it to Taiwan with all that loot and convinces USA to keep funding them in the fight against communism.
    1950-1953 North Korea invades South korea and we spend some more billions to fight against the Chinese who swarm across the 38th parallel armed with weapons we supplied Russia from 1941-1945 and China during the 1937-1945 period.
    1949-1979 Taiwan uses the money to build up an industrial infrastructure to- you guessed it- manufacture cheap goods in competition with us.
    1979-present Nixon opens up China relations and the USA goes on buying binge of cheap goods until China holds enough cash reserves to purchase most of the USA businesses still standing.
    Moral of story- We are so dumb we will believe anything a Chinaman tells us. We deserve to be called Guai Lo's

I admit its a simplistic and one sided outline. There have been hundreds of volumes written about this subject by a lot of really smart people. But in general, the good ol' USA has pretty much been regarded as and treated like a big dumb hick in bib overalls, wearing a straw, hat stepping off a bus carrying a suitcase full of money. The rest of the world must be cracking up at the possibility that in a few months or years we could be led by an airheaded beauty queen.

Tottally off topic and unrelated.
    I don't give a damn if you don't like me, cause i don't like you cause you are not like me.

Page 1 of 2 12