584,861 active members*
5,138 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Would you consider buying a pendant at cost price? How much would you spend?

Voters
558. You may not vote on this poll
  • Between $50-60

124 22.22%
  • Between $60-70

47 8.42%
  • Between $70-80

39 6.99%
  • Up to $100

177 31.72%
  • Up to $200

48 8.60%
  • Any reasonable price so long as it was good.

123 22.04%
Page 21 of 21 11192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Adams View Post
    No just a old machinist, that likes to tinker.
    Hi Bob Adams , "Old..... "? age is just a number , experienced machinist you mean , like the projects listed on the websites you listed down on here.

Your " Optical MPG and Switch Idea's & Optical home switch " intrigues me , but for possible different application.

I'm think along the lines of a manual dial operated dyno load controller operating a inlet/outlet water valves connected to stepper motors and alos a speed control activating a cruise control unit of a vehicle connected to a engines accelerator point. Stepping the throttle at accurate positions.

I have seen Mach2/3 used in many different applications controlling different types of machine other than conventional lathes and mills so on .....

Mach2/3 has capabilities to control 6 axis , so utilizing some stepper motor drivers and your Optical MPG and Switch & Optical home switch on a hydraulic engine dyno maybe I can make into a CNC_dyno controller which all the aftermarket people that do such a system charge zillions for such a product.

Customize the mach2/3 software to display , torque , RPM , Horsepower etc ... on a PC monitor.

Couple a strain gauge, speed signal, few limit switches and temperature monitoring sensors for inputs on the hydraulic dyno for feedback and somehow customize the mach2/3 software to control the stepper motors that control water flow in and out of the dyno. and a few other stepper motors that need control ie throttle , controll engine engine temperature cooling tower switch fans on/off ,

Just me thinking outside the square ..... sorry for ravelling on

cheers

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by FPV_GTp View Post
    Hi Bob Adams , "Old..... "? age is just a number , experienced machinist you mean , like the projects listed on the websites you listed down on here.

Your " Optical MPG and Switch Idea's & Optical home switch " intrigues me , but for possible different application.

I'm think along the lines of a manual dial operated dyno load controller operating a inlet/outlet water valves connected to stepper motors and alos a speed control activating a cruise control unit of a vehicle connected to a engines accelerator point. Stepping the throttle at accurate positions.

I have seen Mach2/3 used in many different applications controlling different types of machine other than conventional lathes and mills so on .....

Mach2/3 has capabilities to control 6 axis , so utilizing some stepper motor drivers and your Optical MPG and Switch & Optical home switch on a hydraulic engine dyno maybe I can make into a CNC_dyno controller which all the aftermarket people that do such a system charge zillions for such a product.

Customize the mach2/3 software to display , torque , RPM , Horsepower etc ... on a PC monitor.

Couple a strain gauge, speed signal, few limit switches and temperature monitoring sensors for inputs on the hydraulic dyno for feedback and somehow customize the mach2/3 software to control the stepper motors that control water flow in and out of the dyno. and a few other stepper motors that need control ie throttle , controll engine engine temperature cooling tower switch fans on/off ,

Just me thinking outside the square ..... sorry for ravelling on

cheers

cheers
    Hi, Sounds like a good project. You could save some money if you made the controls your self.
    Remember Thinkcnc
    Bob

The wait is over, MPG for Mach3, less than $100!

This looks like what most cnc hobby guys are looking for.
    I haven't tried one, but it looks like it would be great for
    my router table. Simple, small, very cool.

Make CNC Product detail

P.S. I'm going to buy one soon.

Buy it cheaper from the manufacturer here

http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/22

or get more buttons with this one.
    http://retail.contourdesign.com/?/products/23

MPG for Mach3

Nice, thanks for the info!

Mach3 plugin

Quote Originally Posted by pofo View Post

Contour Design | ShuttleXpress | retail.contourdesign.com

Contour Design | ShuttlePRO v2 | retail.contourdesign.com
    If I buy from the manufacturer, where do I get the plugin/drivers
    for Mach3?
    Regards, Carl

Quote Originally Posted by eaglezsoar View Post
    If I buy from the manufacturer, where do I get the plugin/drivers
    for Mach3?
    Hi eaglezsoar,

The plugin can be downloaded from the Mach3 download page, at:
    ArtSoft USA - Plugins.

The location of the driver itself (for ShuttlePro) is at:
    http://www.machsupport.com/plugins/ShuttlePro.m3p

Hope this helps,

Florin

Quote Originally Posted by pofo View Post

Contour Design | ShuttleXpress | retail.contourdesign.com

Contour Design | ShuttlePRO v2 | retail.contourdesign.com

The ShuttlePRO 2 and ShuttleXpress can be found cheaper on Ebay than from the manufacturer's site. I also found this thread showing a button set-up example and video: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/713021-post14.html

Those seem to be one of the most affordable pendents next to an Xbox 360 controller.

I ended up buying an XBox 360 wired controller and it is working great. It was $30, but you might find them cheaper at Ebay. Just make sure you get an XBox 360 controller, and not a regular Xbox controller. Also make sure it has the USB plug and it is for Windows.

The plugin can be downloaded at the Mach plugin site: ArtSoft Xbox 360 Controller plugin LINK

Quote Originally Posted by CNCmakers View Post
    I couldn't find the prices on your site, how much is it?

XBOX360 wired USB controller

I ended up using an XBOX360 wired controller like CNC Lurker. The plugin is available from the Mach3 plugin website page.
    I purchased an aftermarket controller brand new on ebay for $18.95 including shipping. I had to download a Windows driver for it before it was recognized by my computer. After the plugin was installed in Mach3 and configured, it works great, check out a video of one being used [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPRCWOfmirU"]YouTube - cnc router with Xbox control.mov[/nomedia].

Hi,
    I brought a controller of ebay that works OK and is cheap. Also free postage.
    MACH3 CNC USB Manual Remote Controller U1 | eBay

Regards,

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mach3 controller.jpg  

CNC Makers 001,

That's a pretty cool controller. I've never seen one like that. Must be a new one coming out now. I may just have to try one. I like my XBOX360 controller fine. I do miss the click MPG like my HAAS machines at work. Get it down to .001 per click and touch off tools and edge find. I may step up to a rotary MPG one of these days.

Talking ShuttleRU-LCD

I just got my ShuttleRU last week. Man, is this thing nice!

I was a little apprehensive about sending the $ out via Western Union, but Andrey seemed real responsive to my emails and several Zone members had gotten one without problem. I actually ended up ordering two units, (one for my buddy), to save on shipping costs. It only took a ten days to get here. Not bad at all considering it took our postal service four days to get my letter containing a forgotten driving license to my daughter at college, 110 miles away.
    I'm having a blast setting it up. It has 15 buttons, 14 of which are dual purpose, a jog wheel and step wheel, and LCD screen with DRO's and status. It's USB plug and play and machined out of aluminum. What surprised was how well it was painted. I thought from the videos it would be unfinished.
    Do a search on ShuttleRU and you will find a thread with video of the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by AiR_GuNNeR View Post
    I just got my ShuttleRU last week. Man, is this thing nice!

I was a little apprehensive about sending the $ out via Western Union, but Andrey seemed real responsive to my emails and several Zone members had gotten one without problem. I actually ended up ordering two units, (one for my buddy), to save on shipping costs. It only took a ten days to get here. Not bad at all considering it took our postal service four days to get my letter containing a forgotten driving license to my daughter at college, 110 miles away.
    I'm having a blast setting it up. It has 15 buttons, 14 of which are dual purpose, a jog wheel and step wheel, and LCD screen with DRO's and status. It's USB plug and play and machined out of aluminum. What surprised was how well it was painted. I thought from the videos it would be unfinished.
    Do a search on ShuttleRU and you will find a thread with video of the unit.
    Just checked out his videos and stuff. Really nice pendant. One guy was *****ing that it had a delay in the outer ring but the developer was working on the plugin and it should fix that. I think it's still a smoking deal for a nice unit. Let us know how you like it after using it for a while.
    :bat:

Hi All
    Im looking for some ideas, im in the process of building a whole new cnc machine. Now im planning on having lets call it a loose control box which i will make on my exsisting machine which will have engraving on the panel for the appropriate switch/button. on this control box i will have things like the emergency stop button/ switch to turn table on/off & other switches for things like air cooling & super-pid speed control built into the box/ encloser, Im wanting to incorporate an xbox 360 controller into this as well but not sure how i can doit with the 2 joysticks on the controller Does Anyone have a 2d dxf of a standard xbox 360 controller i can use for my panel. Thanks
    Riche

Quote Originally Posted by coloradonewbie View Post
    Just checked out his videos and stuff. Really nice pendant. One guy was *****ing that it had a delay in the outer ring but the developer was working on the plugin and it should fix that. I think it's still a smoking deal for a nice unit. Let us know how you like it after using it for a while.
    :bat:
    Actually, I'm the guy that took on working on the plugin for him. The delay he is experiencing isn't because of the plugin or hardware, it's because he has the unit setup for step mode rather than jog mode. In jog mode it acts like an MPG when you spin the wheel. In step mode, it will not step if Mach3 hasn't finished the last step. I wouldn't know this except for discovering it from the software logic.

Where is the thread where he had issues. I'd be glad to help him out. I've added several other enhancements as well and should have it finalized shortly.

Hi,
    I thought I'd contact you since I think you worked on the plug in for Andrey's shuttleru?

Anyway, I just bought one and I'm having all kinds of problems. From a fresh start everything seems to work, but as soon as I move the inner dial. It stops working. I have to restart the computer to get it working again. The inner dial does nothing except disconnect or break the connection

I had the shuttleru and I'm using the latest dll

Thanks for any help

Re: Pendant controls for Mach2/3

Page 21 of 21 11192021