I have an Okuma MA60HB with the OSP-U100M control.
It has a full fourth machining axis with a external encoder, the machine stops feeding with no alarms, cycle light still on just sits there forever.
even when you reset the machine and try to send it to G30P1 still just sits there until you manually move the B axis. Then you can reset it send it home start the program and it is ready to rock for another couple hours untill the same problem happens again.
I have been chasing this for a couple days now and I believe the scale is at fault. I have been trying to find a way to turn off the scale for the B axis to see if the problem goes away.
I called Okuma to see if they could give me a procedure to do this and they said that it is a special software disk called the "D Disk" that apparently only okuma techs get so you have to call in service. as many of these things as I have on my floor, and the company keeps buying them. one would think just maybe they could help us out.(chair)

Anyway sorry for the long post but I had to rant. any help with this illusive disk or a procedure to turn the scale off would be greatly appreciated.

John