584,802 active members*
4,818 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

View Poll Results: Who do you support after the first debate?

Voters
460. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

209 45.43%
  • Mccain

251 54.57%
Page 1 of 10 123

The first debate

Who do you support after the first debate?

everyone can see the mess we are in under this president. McCain votes 90% with bush. but the scary part is. if this guy dies in office we will be getting a hockey mom to run the country? NO THANKS.

Mess? The President is like an NFL quarterback, gets too much blame when things are bad and too much credit when things are good, but agreed, things
    are not well across the board. Obama lacks some of the qualifications to be
    president and is trying to make up those deficiencies with Biden. The selection
    of Palin makes no sense to me. Don't think Obama's taxing the hell out of
    businesses plan will get us out of this mess, have to vote McCain and hope his
    health holds out. At the debate he seemed pretty sharp for being 72.

While I have been anti McCain, I thought he did very well in the debate. He smoked Obama on several issues. Unfortunately he is all about winning an unjust war that was started on lies and false facts. I'm sorry, but when a fight is started with bad information, it should be stopped, not "won at all costs." In that sense, McCain ended losing the debate.

I sure wish there was a third choice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrWild View Post
    I sure wish there was a third choice.
    There is. Dems and Repubs have a lock when it comes to using the
    "public" airwaves. Where was Bob Barr or Ralph Nader? Last I heard they are still running. I use to think Barr was a real A-hole. But the more I hear the more I like. If he could reach a wider audience he could have an impact. And maybe that's why 3rd party candidates are excluded.

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Mess? The President is like an NFL quarterback, gets too much blame when things are bad and too much credit when things are good, but agreed, things
    are not well across the board. Obama lacks some of the qualifications to be
    president and is trying to make up those deficiencies with Biden. The selection
    of Palin makes no sense to me. Don't think Obama's taxing the hell out of
    businesses plan will get us out of this mess, have to vote McCain and hope his
    health holds out. At the debate he seemed pretty sharp for being 72.

Hello mates,

what do you mean with things, things like going to Irak on the fact that there are WAPENS OFF MASS DESTRUCTION. In my opinion he also didn`t know for sure if they were there.
    Maybe he is the worst president in history, but time will tell.

regatds,

Roy B.

anyone who thinks you can 'win' an occupation of a soverign country is a real jerk.. there is no such thing as 'winning'.

iraq was defeated 2 days after the war began. even that wasnt a win. it is like calling a bully pushing some small kid over a 'win'. just ridiculous... a banana republic type puppet government is not winning either. there is no winning. this is so sad it makes me want to cry or leave the country. the death over imaginary 'weapons of mass destruction' and the trillions of dollars spent on this nonsense is inexcusable.

in my opinion the current president should be kicked out of office and put in jail for the manslaughter of every single troop who died for this nihilistic money grab..

i sorta like mcCain, talk about a tough guy. but, he is just wrong. totally wrong.

thanks,

Robert
    Design & Development
    My Portfolio: www.robertguyser.com | CAD Blog I Contribute to: http://www.jeffcad.info

As an independant, I have given them both fair grounds. After time, I started leaning torwards Obama. I think he is better equipped to lead our country. Didn't it seem a little last night like Mccain kind of thought he was a little bit better than anyone else. Like, a different class looking down on us. If Mccain becomes president, I honestly see the economy just the way it is now. As a middle class family, I truly believe Obama can help out.

I FEEL STRONGLY about this, they both speak political bull****.
    Their going to tell us just what they think we want to hear!
    They allready made their mark in the world. They've messed us over in the Senate and their going to do it in the President's seat too. I don't know what their tring to pull but they know there is not one thing they can do to change what our Goverment has done to the our economy!
    The Democrats blame the Republicans and the Republicans blame the Democrats. Then they both say they can change our way of life for us all! Can't you'all see, Not one of them care about our way of life. they are taking our tax money, and leaveing us with nothing! As long as they make Millions they do not care!
    Cobolt Cutter

By things I was mainly referring to the economy and not the war. With the
    economy in the toilet here I think the focus is off the war in many people's minds. Bush is getting blamed for a lot of things that are not of his doing,
    but the war is of his doing of course.

2 words:
    President Palin
    It is possible and should make most thinking people nervous. Wishing McCain the best of health.

Just 2 cent from north of the border.

Sincerely hoping America can get back on track regardless of who you select as leader.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

I"m in the industrial bearing business, and talk to people all over the country, and I find that conservatives far outnumber the liberals. I thought that might be the case in the zone too. As I read all the posts here I was surprised to find everyone was a liberal or leaning that way, then I looked at the poll results. Talk about the silent majority, McCain well ahead in this poll, but obviously those who support him don't bother to argue with those who have a mind set in concrete.
    Bush isn't everything I would like, neither is McCain, but both are better than Obama. If McCain wins this year, you'll really freak out in 2012 when Palin, with 4 years experiance runs, and with the quality of candidate the Dems put up, she'll probably win. Have fun with that thought!

Quote Originally Posted by todd71 View Post
    There is. Dems and Repubs have a lock when it comes to using the
    "public" airwaves. Where was Bob Barr or Ralph Nader? Last I heard they are still running. I use to think Barr was a real A-hole. But the more I hear the more I like. If he could reach a wider audience he could have an impact. And maybe that's why 3rd party candidates are excluded.
    Barr=joke and Nader=bigger joke. Sorry but there not very good alternatives.

McCain couldn't even look at or address his opponent directly, could this be because he has allowed his campaign to lie about and slander Obama in a desperate attempt to win? (Odd since he was so pissed about Bush and Rove doing it to him in 2000) When McCain did talk about him but not to him he was very condescending. In 2000 John would have had my vote but there's not a chance in hell now!

OBAMA!!!

President???

As a retired person and a conservative I believe we should have left Sadam alone and concentrated our efforts on Afganastan. Too late for those thoughts now, so I have to think about the future. I am in no way prejudiced, but when I see 98% of blacks voting for Obama, what do they think he is going to do for them?? Bigger check, more welfare programs, better housing, shorter work week (for those who work). It's hard for me to believe that any person with a job would let the democrats control both congress and the white house. We need to let our congressmen and senators know that as working people we need to keep our money and let people that don't want to work, now matter what creed or color, find something to do. I believe that if you want welfare you can earn it through working for it by cleaning neighborhoods, roadways etc... Community organizers could run these projects....

Just my thoughts. I want to keep what I have earned...

Under every republican administration since Reagan, the national deficit and debt went up. In Clintons last year in office we actually starting paying on the principal, setting an example of fiscal conservancy that has yet to be matched. Where the hell did we ever get the idea that the Democrats were the big spenders. Under the Bush administration we have increased our National Debt to the tune of Trillions, most of which will find it's way into military contractors hands and other wealthy capitalists. At least with domestics programs we are funneling the money to the poor instead of the rich.
    Palin is a ultra right wing evangelistic fanatic. We certainly don't need another 4 years of religious fundmentalism at the helm either.
    Vote OBAMA

President...

I believe you must be an athiest. If I remember right Mr. Bill had a republican congress passing those bills that he signed to get the defecit down. Barney Frank and Chriss Dodd have blocked all of McCains, and others, efforts to get legislation passed to fix Freddy and Fanny. We need an investigation into their taking money from those organizations, along with Obama, as for a 2 year Senator he got the second most $$$ from those financial institutions. What is this country coming to when we spend nearly $2,000,000,000 for an office that pays $400,000. We need to get a handle on campaign spending...

1 question

Quote Originally Posted by cuemaker1 View Post
    I believe you must be an athiest. If I remember right Mr. Bill had a republican congress passing those bills that he signed to get the defecit down. Barney Frank and Chriss Dodd have blocked all of McCains, and others, efforts to get legislation passed to fix Freddy and Fanny. We need an investigation into their taking money from those organizations, along with Obama, as for a 2 year Senator he got the second most $$$ from those financial institutions. What is this country coming to when we spend nearly $2,000,000,000 for an office that pays $400,000. We need to get a handle on campaign spending...

If it was the Republican Congress that was responsiable for declining spending under Clinton's watch, what happened when Dubya took office? (same congress) Just a side note spending is down under the current Congress.

I can respect McCain. I think he would do an honorable job as President. Palin, however, is scary. She wasn't picked because she was the most qualified person. Raw politics at work there.

This country needs a change. Very badly. There is no "baby in the bathwater" we have to worry about saving. I feel Obama is enough of an outsider to get the job done. He is getting my vote.

For those who are voting Obama ...... Go ahead. But don't Come cryin when the white working man is the minority with no rights. IT WILL HAPPEN, BET ON IT !!!!!

Page 1 of 10 123