584,874 active members*
4,908 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > converting a mastercam 9 file into a Solidworks file

Unhappy converting a mastercam 9 file into a Solidworks file

I have a Mastercam version 9 file that I need to convert into a Solidworks 2008 file is this possible and if so how? I have seen where someone has done the opposite going from a Solidwoks file to a Mastercam 9 file. Would it be the same and if so what are the directions ? HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!! HELP HELP!!!!

If mastercam could save as an iges or step file, then you could import it into solidworks.

Just compare the 'save as' files in mastercam to the open files of solidworks..

good luck..
    Just when you thought you had it all figured out, all hell breaks loose..

first u should know that it depends on ur design in mc is it a solid or surface
    if surface do s pls
    main menu -file-converters-iges-write file . select location , desk top for instance file name is (surf) u should see the saved file on the desktop in solid works open file click drop menu of the file type and select the file on the desk top , and open , thats it
    if solid u can do the same steps eather in step file or parasolid
    hope this help u
    regards

parasolid to Esprit

I've a parasolid file . i'm trying to open this file in Esprit 2006.

Esprit Allow to open the file.but i couldn't see anything. i got blnak screen with the same file name.

plz help me out.

In Mastercam when we open a solidworks file it is sometimes not on the Mastercam origin We have a "fit screen" button that will bring entities to the center of the screen perhaps you have a similar command in your program

The part may be there you just may not have the screen placed correctly

to convert a file from MC9 to sw do so pls first
    if u have a surface design in mc9 want to change it to sw ,in main menu of the MC9 click file -converters-iges-write file, brows ur pc and give a name to ur file (surface 1)for example ,and save it in the desk top or my documents or any where in ur pc and click save thats all for surface design in MC9 ,
    to open the file in solid works click open file and select the file type (iges)then select ur file(surface1) which u already saved in the desk top , thats all
    second
    if have a solid design in MC9 want to change it to sw , in MC9 main menu- file-converters-(step or parasld) - write file then the same steps in case of surface.
    hope this gona solve ur problem , any more questions don't hesitate,,
    rgds