584,802 active members*
4,870 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: catia

catia

a Catia section seems there should be one?

Are you programming in Catia? We just started considering an option to use Catia for CAD and CAM. Really looking for feedback on ease of use, speed, and versatility for 4-8axis mill and lathe work. We have just about had it with MCX. I do not have 6mo to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by bob1112 View Post
    Are you programming in Catia? We just started considering an option to use Catia for CAD and CAM. Really looking for feedback on ease of use, speed, and versatility for 4-8axis mill and lathe work. We have just about had it with MCX. I do not have 6mo to learn it.

Bob, this is a late reply. Sorry.

I love CATIA. It is incredibly powerful and versatile. It has "workbenches" that can do most everything - especially CNC machining. There are two option available for CNC machining, the 'Prismatic' workbench and the more expensive 'advanced machining' workbench. I highly recommend the advanced machining workbench.

If you want to design in CATIA, you need the 4 basic workbenches: Part Design & Sketcher (one workbench), Assembly Design, Drafting (if you want to create papaer drawings), and Generative Shape Design.

There are MANY more workbenches. Some of the most powerful are Knowledgeware, Composites, Stress, and Sheet Metal.

Joe T.