585,733 active members*
5,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy multicam MG 205

have new to me 205 howerever i just found out DNC software is proparitory to this system Is this correct? The dealer I purchased it from [ X factory] did not inform of this extra $3500 cost Is there any other way around this cost !!! I NEED HELP!!!!

Suggest you contact Multicam service for your area of the country, as far as I know (I have 3 Multicams) it is proprietary. Multicam service will have the software you need (Jobserver I believe). Where did that $3500 number come from??? Multicam or x-factory??? What part of the country are you located??? Might be good to start your relationship with their service people anyways.....you'll need them down the line, trust me, lol. Tool changer on your MG???

Unhappy need help with mg205

I'm located in the uppermidwest. the $3500 price tag was quoted by Multicam. Thanks for your advice

That was the quote form Multicam midwest?? Might be that high because original software to run that machine ran in Windows 98....might include an upgrade. Still seems high. Where in upper Midwest???? WI here.

Sent you a PM

ottertail MN. Today i talked with a rep. from multicam and the price is $3500 just to get started. I'm a newbe to cnc and didn't know about all the hidden costs. In the long run i hope this will work out i have very few options at this time. I think i made a bad choice for my shop. It took me about 8 months of research to find the right cnc or so i thought. I fell into the place where a newbe like me gets into troble. LACK OF KNOWLEDGE.

I'm not so sure you made the wrong decision......don't be so quick on THAT trigger, quit beating yourself up. There is a lot and I mean a LOT of knowledge here at the zone, I am impressed daily, so you are in the right place. Check your Private Message box.

P.M. me the serial number and your contact information and I will get someone in touch with you to see what options you have. If you only need the software I am sure something can be arranged. If you need machine training that is another matter. I can help..

The area reps are usually persistent on selling "training" to new users. They will come to your location for 3 days and setup the router and teach you the basics on using the router and that usually runs $3000 or as much as $3500 if the travel distance is very far. The Multi cam software suite is included in that price and if you have a new PC they will install the Multicam Suite software and set it up while they are there since it is required to run the router and provide training.
    If you want the software by itself it will cost $750.
    At least thats the prices I was quoted.
    On the other hand I was told by several used equipment dealers that the cost just depends on who you talk to and if you talk to the right person you can even get it for free. There is no reason why they should sell it anyways. Its not like something that you can take and resell. It only works on Multi cam machines.
    I have used machines from Thermwood and Quintax and both offered free support and both have e-mailed software and files for tool changer routines totally free of charge.
    I just thought about something else too. They may be quoting you for En route. It is a $3500 CAD/CAM package.

i think i have some versions of jobserver kicking around pm me if you need something