584,860 active members*
5,141 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > HELP - loading parameters with a PC to a ge fanuc om

HELP - loading parameters with a PC to a ge fanuc om

I have a backup file of my parameters that I need to load onto a fanuc ge om, which is hooked to a komo vr 805q . The file is a TXT file and I was told that I need to setup communication with the pc, and then load it the same way I do a regular program. The problem is, I am currently stuck in MDI and have alarms 417 427 437, and it is flashing not ready, so I cannot load it the way I usually load a program. Is there a way to load the parameters while in MDI? I think the time it takes to type in each number could all be wasted if I mess up a single number, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Alex.

alarms 417, 427, 437, are servo related alarms. You have to manually reload servo related parameters (8000's, I think) to clear these alarms. Then you set comunication parameters and load other parameters. I'm at home today, but i'll check it tomorow at work to give you more details.

Thanks for the help. As of now it look like I am going to be entering the values by hand... hopefully if I can get those alarms cleared I will be able to load the rest?

You should not have to load them by hand. You have to do as Samu said. Reload your servo parameters by hand so the alarms will clear. Then relaod your reader/puncher interface parameters by hand so you can communicate. Now you should be able to reload all the parameters via PC.

I have attached the Servo and interface parameter description.

If you choose to reload by hand once the machine is back up with no alarms and the interface settings are correct I would reload the parameters via PC just incase you fat fingered a parameter that will not generate an alarm but will cause problems with programs or work coordianates ect.

Stevo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Question

Currently, I have reloaded the parameters by hand. Once I finished that, I shut down the machine and when i turned it back on the screen just says

0466-24

servo: 9040 -07

not ready (not flashing)

usually after this the screen will change to the normal menu/screen.

The alarms are gone now, but i still cannot go anywhere but the parameter settings. I am fairly new at this, and did not set up the machine, so I am fairly lost as to what to do with the PDF you have attached.

Thanks again for the immediate help.
    -alex.

All I meant for the PDF was a guide so you could see what parameters had to be set by hand to clear the alarms. Then you could reload parameters via PC.

I am not very familiar with the OM control but I believe that the 466-24 is still refering to the servos. If you have no alarm and you can access your parameters settings are you able to read and punch? If so then I would reload the parameters via PC to ensure that there were no mistakes in typing them in manually. I would also recommend checking to make sure that your option parameters (900 and up) are correct.

Is the hard copy of the parameters a recent backup of when the machine was running properly or what came with the machine?

Stevo

The copy of parameters I have is a good copy. I am unsure what is meant by "read and punch". All I can currently do is enable PWE and press in the emergency button in order to put in parameters. I depress and set PWE to disable once I am done and the screen comes up as described. One thing I have noticed is a set of parameters in the copy that starts ans N1000 to N3000 that is mainly numbers between -2 and 2. From what I have seen there is no place for me to input these numbers.
    Thanks you for your time.
    alex.

EDIT*** I believe you are referring to the softkeys read and punch...
    If that is the case then no I cannot because they do not show up...
    I am assuming if read comes up this will allow me to send the rest of the parameters?

edit again***

I entered in the 900 codes like you recomended, but the second one in had a warning pop up so I left it as all zeros. After I had entered the 900's codes in, somehow the 1000-3000 codes came up. I shut the machine down and fired it back up and now it is back to normal....all axis must be homed
    Tried that and alarm 420 came up. I still cannot get into the i/o part because it is still flashing not ready. I have yet to try to type in all of the 1000-3000 codes because there are so many of them.
    Again i appreciate all the help... I am just tryin to give enough information to help this process

Update**

The fanuc almost seems back to normal. I can get it to read now. I would like to send the parameters TXT file to make sure everything is set up correctly, but I do not know how to. When i try to send it just like any other file, I get an 070 ps alarm 17% through it.

your N1000 - 3000 are your pitch error parameters. When you reload these parameters should be set.

Ok you can start to load and you are getting the 070 alarm. This is because you don't have the memory space. It is probably becasue you didn't set parameter 901 correct because you got the warning. What did the warning say? something about remapping the memory? You have to set 901 then you should have the proper amount of memory to reload everything.

Stevo

The memory issue seems to be the problem because when i looked at the available memory it wasnt what it used to be. When I try to put in 01000010 into 901 this message pops up:

warning

you set no. 0901 #01
    This parameter destroy next file in memory

from file 0001 to 0015

now necessary to clear these file
    Which do you want?
    "delt": clear these files
    "can" : cancel
    please key in "delt or "can""

I am not sure if I should be leaving this alone or is it ok to erase these files

Just so were on the same page....What should I be expecting when the parameter TXT file loads? Will it load itself into the parameters? Right now all I am doing it edit-program-i/o-read and then the error comes up

Thanks again

I am not 100% about clearing on the Om control. On my controls it only clears the program memory. 901.1 is setting 120m of memory. The control then needs to remap your memory which clears the program memory. As long as you have backups of everything then you should be fine.

Stevo

I went ahead and pressed delete and everything seemed to go as planned. I then loaded the parameter Txt file which went without any error. I loaded all the parameters so everything should be back to normal. For some reason now my T code is invalid, which worked fine when I last ran this machine, and if it does begin to run, then when the head should go down, it travels up and goes into z+ overtravel. Any thoughts?

What is your T for? A tool call? No M6? Are you saying that instead of coming down to the Z postion of the tool change it is going up and overtraveling?

I just want to make sure. These parameters that you have you backed up when the machine was running fine??

My first thought is there is a parameter not set right. Do you have a macro call when you use the T. Should be parameter 40.5. I am not sure what program that calls but mine is program 9000. Does your machine use a tool change macro?

Stevo

Yes, T is to call a tool head down. We do not have any tool changers, just other heads pigybacked off the two main heads. It recognizes all but one t4
    If it makes any difference all of the heads are called as follows
    t1000
    t200
    t5000
    t600

And as far as i know these parameters are good. I personally did not save them but I have been told they are good parameters.

The overtravel occurs when the head should begin dropping into position. For some reason it decides to go up.

Update***

I have found the correct parameters/diagnostics to allow the t4 head to be called down. Now I am only left with the z going the wrong way (alarm 530).

I would like to thank you for your help, it has been greatly appreciated.