585,996 active members*
4,556 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SL 15 Parameter resetting

Hello all, Just brought home a sl15 from work for a small fee, a year ago 1 of the employees erased the parameters from memory, and they were unable to reinstall them.
    As I was reading the the book it said you have to use the internal toogle
    switch to be able to enter all parameters.in the control.but dose not clearly show how this is done , I have the list and when I tried the lathe was at work there were a few pages that would not except the parameters.

Now I feel this is all that needs to be done as it was running the moment before he deleted the parameters instead of programs

any help would be appreciated
    thanks Brad
    IF ITS NOT BROKE YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

Ashes to ashes , dust to dust , If it wasnt for Harleys the fast lane would rust.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

You have the list of parameters but not the floppy disk that comes with the machine?

Did you know that all the parameters are on a disk somewhere?

Have you looked inside the control cabinet? On my lathes the disk with the parameters was in a pocket inside the door; on some lathes it is still there.

Incidentally a reason that you cannot enter some parameters could be that they are options and you need a code number.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Geof Thanks for the reply , the disc is long gone as i am the last of who knows how many owners, the machine is moving but not in right direction and need to work on home positions, a some parameters the get entered in the bit pages dont remember exactly which one but working on getting the elec hooked up now.
    Brad
    IF ITS NOT BROKE YOUR NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH

Ashes to ashes , dust to dust , If it wasnt for Harleys the fast lane would rust.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)