585,715 active members*
4,064 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > Can't use imported DFX or DWG files

Can't use imported DFX or DWG files

Hi all
    I'm trying to open a DFX or DWG file to work with, but once it is imported in GibbsCam, I can not select anything. Have you guys ran into this kind of problem? How did you fix it?
    Thank you

If the lines and circles are gray they are on a none active workgroup. It may be that you need to change the current Workgroup to the group the geometry is on. When Gibbs imports a dxf file it may create a new workgroup for that geometry.

Thank you for replaying.
    I followed your advice and worked. I haven't realized that imported files can be spread out on multiple layers.

Me again...
    Now that I have my geometry imported from a DFX file, how can I get rid of its pink color, and what this color means? When I draw in Gibbs, the geometry has blue color... but now, with this pink lines, I have trouble using machine selectors.
    Thanks

Pink geometry means it is defined in another CS. Open the CS palette and click on the eyeball to activate the CS for the geometry you want to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by cijunet View Post
    Hi all
    I'm trying to open a DFX or DWG file to work with, but once it is imported in GibbsCam, I can not select anything. Have you guys ran into this kind of problem? How did you fix it?
    Thank you

Not your situation but applies to others. Gibbs cam has various packages and if you have the basic of 3 axis machining it will not accept anything it’s own vnc file and the user cannot upload fusion files to Gibbs. So either an upgrade or forget about using Gibbs at all.