585,914 active members*
3,693 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese engraver and PWM settings

Hi to all!

I have chinese engraver with 80w tube, 1290 clone model and 6515 controller using Lasercut 5.1 software. I cannot figure out how to control PWM settings in software, no matter how do I change them I always get same results. Default value is 20000. I was trying values ranging from 1 to 50000 but no changes.
    Does anybody have any idea how to control this? My problem is when I cut some kind of foam (in my country we call it EVA foam) for making key-chain tags (sorry for my bad english) I get very charred and dirt edges. I know that when using Epilog or GCC laser you can change PPI values and hope that PWM setting have the same effect on chinese lasers.

Thanks in advance

have you checked that you are actually uploading the settings to the laser, not just changing the settings in the software?

Quote Originally Posted by avetek View Post
    have you checked that you are actually uploading the settings to the laser, not just changing the settings in the software?
    Yes, of course I'm changing settings and sending them to laser. At first I also thought that new parameters are not sent but then I changed speed and saw that everything is sent correct.

Smile laser 5.1

Hi maxxex

I dont know if this will help you
    But i have a redsail m500 that uses the same software and power and speed can be reduces on the control panel on the machine

My one has power and speed as a % on the contol panel and they reduce what the setting coming in at by that percentage
    ie.. 50w is the input from software and i have 60% set so i get only 30watts power thru the machine
    I dont know if u have the same control panel
    But i hope this helps

Shadow