585,557 active members*
3,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation MV 45 tool change "Help Please"

I have a 1981 mori seiki with fanuc 6M, just bought it cheap.

The tool magazine does not change to the correct tool number.

e.g. T01 M06;

The magazine will revolve to another random tool pot.

Manually, when I select tool number and press a button to chage it, it does just fine without a miss.

But in the program, it stirs me badly.

I have a PC parameter table but it does not come with the description so I have no idea where to change it.

PLEASE HELP!

Pat

I'm sorry I can't be specific since I'm not a Fanuc user. But at least with my Mitsu controller you need to register the tools in the toolchanger pots. This would explain why the manual change works, it is only selecting a tool position, not an actual tool number. Maybe worth checking..

Thank you Harri,

I will check that out.

Tool Number Register

Harri,

You are right, I am not so familiar with the double arm tool changer and got no manuals on my hand.

Could you please tell me generally how Random tool change works? How to register its pot position and how to reset it?

I'm a grade 1 starter with the VMC.

Thank you for the answer.

could you post part of your program so we can see what is going on.

Pattawit,

I'm sorry I can't help you in any detail. Every control is a little different and I don't have a random changer. I think the idea is that the machine randomly selects an empty pot and keeps track of where the tool is currently. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will help!

Harri

Harri >> Thank you.
    HoiDahl >>
    Now I know that there is nothing wrong is the system or even in the program.
    The magazine is randomly select the empty pot for keeping the tool and using its memory to keep track of those tools, like harri said.
    However, I don't know how to reset or re-assign the specific tool number to the tool pot.

Thank you.

You have to push the NC/PC button near the Input button. Then press the softkeys under the screen to take you to the screen where the screen tells you what tools are in what magazine there you can edit the tool numbers to specific magazine numbers.

Off the top of my head (so bear with me!), you have to go into MDI mode and press the AUX GRAPH button until a page appears with the options of tool library. Press that and it will display what tool pot number is holding what tool. EG...POT NUMBER 6 COULD BE HOLDING TOOL 2. It will also tell you what tool number the spindle is holding. You then have to tool change in MDI(ie swap then all around until the pot number corresponds with the tool number. Finally when the last tool is in the spindle simply put in an M33 code and it will automatically send it to the right pot number). If you don't understand this i can go through it in greater detail with you when i have more time! Good luck!

Thank you Sandersen, Zanellan.

The machine is Very old (28 same as my age) so it doesn't have all the AUX or Tool pot soft keys.

Everything needs to be done via the machine data which I still have no idea how to check it. However, I managed to manually put the tools right back into their initial setting. So now I can move onto the next step.

Thank you for all of the helps and comments.

If there is anyone having problems using MV45 with Fanuc 6M, PM me, I might be useful from my ground up experience.

Still looking for how to reset the tools via the correct way !

Pattawit

Sorry I couldn't help pattawit, i mis-read your machine number and thought you were using a Mori MV55 (that is what i use in work) and not a MV45. The MV55 model i'm using was made in 1991 and has the AUX GRAPH button on it. I hope you get it sorted!

Does anyone know how to use MV40 ? I have a bunch of questions and will pay you for your time. Please email me at [email protected]

PMW1

With a 6M control I believe you need to go to the parameter table. I think it is parameter 4000. The sequence will have pot # and tool # 4001 is pot 1 the value is the tool # associated to that pot. I think the spindle tool is 4000. 4001 pot 1 4002 pot 2.... not positive on the exact # may not be 4000 but pretty sure. also there may be more than one parameter page. IE PC parameter and machine parameter. try calling Fanuc 888-fanucus. good luck

pattawit:

As I understand the problem is that if you choose to take tool 5 the machine goes and takes the tool from pot 10 (as an example). This is due to the random tool selection of your machine, this means that in order to do the tool change faster, the machine will leave the tool in the spindle in the pot where the next tool is, so, if you have tool 5 in the spindel and want ot load tool 10 the machine will take tool 10 and leave tool 5 in the pot where tool 10 was; this is random. The machine will remember wher is tool 5, and every time you call tool 5 it will go to the por where that tool is.

If you arrange all the numbers of the tools to have tool 1 in pot 1, tool 2 in pot 2, etc. evantually the machine will missarrange that due to the random system.

I hope this helps.

Greg.

You may check in Diagnostic screen.Mori seiki use Fanuc 6M built in PMC.
    All PC data is stored in Diagnostic Screen.

Regards

Andreas

Quote Originally Posted by zanellan View Post
    Off the top of my head (so bear with me!), you have to go into MDI mode and press the AUX GRAPH button until a page appears with the options of tool library. Press that and it will display what tool pot number is holding what tool. EG...POT NUMBER 6 COULD BE HOLDING TOOL 2. It will also tell you what tool number the spindle is holding. You then have to tool change in MDI(ie swap then all around until the pot number corresponds with the tool number. Finally when the last tool is in the spindle simply put in an M33 code and it will automatically send it to the right pot number). If you don't understand this i can go through it in greater detail with you when i have more time! Good luck!
    I have 4 MV-45's and my tools do not correspond to the exact pocket as it is all input on the screen that you referred to for tool data. I know one issue which will throw it off is it must have an empty pocket (EP) and it must be commanded to where this empty pocket exists. During a cycle the tool changer will deposit tools in random pockets as it swaps them out but the logic is able to keep track of there position. I suppose to simplify the procedure you could in fact manually pull all of the tools from the magazine and place them in the corresponding pocket then use your tool data input screen to manually key them all in in their respective locations. The tool changers on these can be temperamental at times but once you get all the kinks worked out and all the assignments correct they are usually trouble free until someone screws them up. Hope that helps.

Tool Pot/Tool Number

I believe you need to look at parameter numbers 4000 to 4020 to see which tool number are loaded in the spindle and pots.

1. select MDI mode
    2. press "param" button
    3. key in "N4000" and input
    4. press the page down button to display the list

I hope this helps.