585,748 active members*
3,673 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Selling Home Shop

My father, retired aeronautical engineer, ultimate tinkerer, has decided to sell his shop. He has both metal and woodworking machines & tools. to see photos go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/aekresse...y=2VBfywuyirg#
    He is in Maryland, DC suburbs
    I have a person serious about the whole metal shop, posting in case it falls through.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by aekresse View Post
    My father, retired aeronautical engineer, ultimate tinkerer, has decided to sell his shop. He has both metal and woodworking machines & tools. to see photos go to: http://picasaweb.google.com/aekresse...y=2VBfywuyirg#
    He is in Maryland, DC suburbs
    I have a person serious about the whole metal shop, posting in case it falls through.

Alan
    Your Dad has a wonderful shop. If the current deal falls thru, put up or PM me a price list. I don't have the room for everything, but several items strike my fancy.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Alan,
    I sent you a PM with some ideas for local buyers. Let me know if your buyer falls through.

Gordon

Dear god, thats one nice shop/setup.

Have you thought about keeping this stuff, or does the money need to come out of all this.

I cant express what it has taken for your Dad to put all this together, this has had to be a life time of work (dont take it lightly what he has put into all this). Maybe you are not into shop work but that might change. I remember my Granddaddy's shop and when time came for the family to get rid of it I was to young to know what it took to achive this kinda setup ( or didnt care). I didnt get his shop and now I look back as that being one big mistake ( I am older now) . Things can change in our lives very quick, I would think very hard before getting rid of this shop.

If it must be sold, I would like a chance to buy some small stuff. I just went through buying some machines and I cant afford more. That Monarch lathe would make me so happy though, but things like that are out of reach for me. Anyway, if you have some prices on any of the small stuff PM me and I will see what I can afford to get. If you need any help in knowing what stuff is, or is worth I will help all I can. I am dissabled now and have plenty of time.

Thanks Jess

Now that's what I call a grand home shop.
    Hey can anyone tell me what the machine in picture 46 is and what the device in picture 52 does (some kind of measuring caliper?)?

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Now that's what I call a grand home shop.
    Hey can anyone tell me what the machine in picture 46 is and what the device in picture 52 does (some kind of measuring caliper?)?
    46 is a small horizontal bench mill and 52 is a vernier height gauge.

DC

Very Nice set up. if you are interested in piecing and parting please send me a price list, I am in Metro DC and I can pick up.

Thanks One of Many!
    Skippy