584,866 active members*
5,256 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > MC9 post -can't get "R"'s to post

Angry MC9 post -can't get "R"'s to post

I've been playing with this post for days and I cannot for the life of me, figure out where the problem is.I'm trying to get any helical motions(helix bore or threadmill toolpaths) to post arcs with an R-word instead of IJK's.
    The circular moves are posting with R's but not the helical motions. I'm trying to debug it and I keep getting taken back to pcirout1 and then follow that to parc and I can't spot the problem anywhere.Can someone take a look and tell me what I'm missing?

Thanks

Ace
    Attached Files Attached Files

look for a line in your post file like this:
    arcoutput : 0 #0 = IJK, 1 = R no sign, 2 = R signed neg. over 180

it's in a section labeled General Output Settings in the MPFANUC

Mark
    Insanity "doing the same thing and expecting a different result"
    Mark

www.mcoates.com

Sorry about that-I attached the wrong file- arcoutput was the 1st thing I checked

Cool

R's posted fine for me, but you had debugging turned on. You might want to look at how the file was named, though. Here's what I got:

Thanks for the reply MCGuru,

But the problem is with helical motions(XY and Z).As soon as a Z motion is introduced, the code starts posting with I's and J's.Try testing the post on a threadmilling or helix bore toolpath.If you have a copy of the SUBREP post you can see how I'd like it to post the code.

Thanks

ACE

I had a similar problem in MCX. It's been awhile since I was in MC9 but in X, the problem was not in the post. MCX has a settings page where you set all of the output options for arc and circle handling. I would imagine that 9 must have a similar setting somewhere.

Basically: the post only handles what gets passed to it. If MC is specifying IJK-type moves, that's what the post will generate.

See the screen shots I posted near the end of this thread:
    http://cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?p=440727
    Greg

The code posts correctly when using MPSUBREP post, so it must be in the post processor file

Is this better? Threadmill works - helix bore isn't cooperating yet..(It looks like force * is needed to push an R for helix bore rough pass) I commented out ijk selection in parc postblock. If you still need help with this post or it is creating a problem somewhere else, you can join in at emastercam forum. Those guys are really good with postprocessors.

the site is: emastercam.com

Thanks Guru-see you there