584,837 active members*
4,934 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Gildemeister NEF CT 40

Hello!
    I own a Gildemeister NEF CT 40 Lathe and i think i have some problems with the CNC board. When i turn on the machine, i get these messages:

DISPLAY AND GRAPHIC INTERFACE......0.064.110. 6-MAY-1987 INITIALIZED
    OPERATING INTERFACE............???????????..??-???-???? ERROR
    NC_PROGRAM MEMORY......................INITIALIZED
    NC_PARAMETER MEMORY...................INITIALIZED
    MACHINE ADAPTABILITY..............

5 SYSTEM ERROR

CURRENT SEQUENCE 157-30-0103/082
    STROMLAUFPLAN

I bought the machine second hand and it came with these errors.
    On the CNC board there are some green lights, one yellow light and one red light. The yellow light is for MR2 (whatever that means) and the red light is for RS (whatever that means)...
    Some data i found written on the board: Operator Interface, SET-10 AES 0 ; IN 0.853.255 ; MEM ADR C000 ; SN4988111 .
    I don't own any parts drawings or electrical parts drawings. Can anyone help me find the problem and fix it? Thank you a lot!

Grigore Borota
    Romania

There is a DMG sales and service team in your area. They may give you phone technical support or at least sell manuals with schematics and basic troubleshooting information.

The errors could be as simple as reloading software or costly enough to make it economically unfeasible to repair. It would be cheap insurance to pay a tech to come out and evaluate the problem. Which makes qualified tech's very rare. Just by the serial number, they may already know the history if recorded.

http://www.gildemeister.com/en,dmg,dmg-romania

DC

Gildemeister NEF CT 40

I talked with Gildemeister Romania, but they said they had and argue with Gildemeister Germany and asked me to wait until they fix their issues...

I changed plate nr 2 with another plate from another lathe (working lathe) and the following message is being displayed: 5 SYSTEM ERROR. Operating interface is no more an error like before. We suspect that the plate is not working anymore, and there is also another issue that we can not figure out.

The plate identification is: SET 10 AES 0; IN 0.853.255 ; MEM ADR C000 ; SN4988111

We are wondering if there is a way we can fix the plate. And why that error 5 even if the plate was changed with a good one?

I also need the schematics, because i can't find them over the internet. I wanted to buy them, but no one sells them...

Any help will be much appreciated! Thank you.

Grigore Borota
    Romania

Gildemeister CNC Lathe NEF CT 40

It seems like Gildemeister lathes are not that easy to fix, because no one gives helpful advices. Even DMG Romania are not helping with anything, so i have to try fix it by myself, without any wiring diagram, and that's not easy... Lately, i've been having this issue: when i turn the power on, i get ERROR 431 (Chuck, no spindle enable) and i can't do anything to get rid of it. I placed a part in the chuck and locked it but still, the error won't go away. I called for a tech who usualy helps me fixing my machines and he said he's going to come see what's going on, in a couple of days, but since i don't have any wiring diagram, i don't think he would figure it out just like that. Does anyone around here have any idea on what should i check or where should i look for the problem? I sure hope someone can help Thank you.

Grigore Borota
    Romania

Hi Grigore,

Does this lathe have a vector drive (also known as) a variable frequency drive for the spindle?

If so, find a model number of the drive and see if there is a PDF manual for it on line. This might clue you in enough to the wiring that is connected to it.

I'd be looking into the E-stop circuit, which may include wiring, over travel limit switchs, air pressure switches and associated relay contacts.

If the machine homes and allows axis moves, that confirms most of the circuit integrity.

Sad your local DMG rep can't give better support or at least schematics!

DC

Hi Gugu.. Is your NEF CT 40 allready working? We have two of these machines here and one has exactly the same error. "5 systemerror". We also have the paperwork and schematics but these are about 400 pages so just too much to scan if we had a scanner. Unfortunately even with the paperwork I can not find the fault.. SF 0005 should mean ther is something wrong with the "Not Aus". but "5 systemerror" is not exactly "SF 0005". I measured the "Not Aus Schematics" to be sure but everything works fine there. Did you allready solve the problem? I also compared our machines as we have one that is working fine. The only difference in the two machines is that in the one that does not work the orange LED of the Baumuller module H 602 is burning and in the good working one it is green at H 601. If you found out what it was please let me know! It is probably the same problem in our machine.
    I hope to hear from you. If you have any questions about the schematics just let me know. Maybe I can hep you out from here.

Well, i'm here again, after all of these years...

Thing is that i stopped working for this company for a while and now i'm back for good and the machine is still not working. They bought the machine second hand and it wasn't working when they got it. They never used it since they bought it (about 5 years ago!).

Now i'm trying to help fix it. I know 2 things for sure:
    1)one of the boards is defective (i don't know what that board does, but when they had it replaced with a working one that they borrowed, the machine was ALMOST working). They say it's board number 2...
    2)because they didn't use the machine for so long, guess what? All the parameters are now gone (obviously)!

Now first of all i need the parameters and some guidance about how to enter the parameters. When i have that fixed, then i can look for a spare board and replace what is broken. Then... we'll see what i get.

"Milko Senb", if you still read this message and can help me: i could pay for a copy of (at least) the wiring diagrams. Maybe you can take them out somewhere and have them copied, so that you won't have to copy them yourself. Could you help me with that?

Re: Gildemeister NEF CT 40

Hello!

I am new here. Have a problem with a CT40.
    when i started i have:
    NC_PROGRAM MEMORY......................ERROR
    NC_PARAMETER MEMORY...................ERROR
    And when i go in manual mode i have error 0964 Checksum error in parameter.
    Could you help me with that?

hello everyone.

aboul gildemeister epl2 0.861.68-11.2 BFC, does anyone have a copy of eprom?

could share with me?

thanks.

FlashPT

do you solve the problem?

thanks
    Guima

I have a problem with control card SET-10, where can I find one?
    Do you know FlashPT?

I have gildemeister CT 40 CNC lathe machine and intend to change the menu language from German to English. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Can someone take a photo about the inside of EPL2 rack. It would be could if the IC label (74HC02, HC04, ICM7556, etc.) would be visible. Someone has repaired the machine before me, and it is possible that someone has swapped some one ICs.
    I need the picture about section that is under the power supply.
    It is urgent for me!
    Thank you for helping me!

Quote Originally Posted by gugu View Post
    Hello!
    I own a Gildemeister NEF CT 40 Lathe and i think i have some problems with the CNC board. When i turn on the machine, i get these messages:

DISPLAY AND GRAPHIC INTERFACE......0.064.110. 6-MAY-1987 INITIALIZED
    OPERATING INTERFACE............???????????..??-???-???? ERROR
    NC_PROGRAM MEMORY......................INITIALIZED
    NC_PARAMETER MEMORY...................INITIALIZED
    MACHINE ADAPTABILITY..............

5 SYSTEM ERROR

CURRENT SEQUENCE 157-30-0103/082
    STROMLAUFPLAN

I bought the machine second hand and it came with these errors.
    On the CNC board there are some green lights, one yellow light and one red light. The yellow light is for MR2 (whatever that means) and the red light is for RS (whatever that means)...
    Some data i found written on the board: Operator Interface, SET-10 AES 0 ; IN 0.853.255 ; MEM ADR C000 ; SN4988111 .
    I don't own any parts drawings or electrical parts drawings. Can anyone help me find the problem and fix it? Thank you a lot!

Grigore Borota
    Romania

Dear Sir,

Interface error comes from keyboard.
    Please check your keyboard cable and 5V keyboard power supply.

Dragan

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with CT60, after a few hours of work, I get ERROR 431, and it is not possible to do anything.
    Turning the machine off and waiting for some time,it works again.
    Someone can help me!

Thanks
    Guima

Quote Originally Posted by diceanu View Post
    Hello!

I am new here. Have a problem with a CT40.
    when i started i have:
    NC_PROGRAM MEMORY......................ERROR
    NC_PARAMETER MEMORY...................ERROR
    And when i go in manual mode i have error 0964 Checksum error in parameter.
    Could you help me with that?

Did you manage to solve the problem? I have a customer with the same problem, thanks.

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with CT60, after a few hours of work, I get ERROR 431, and it is not possible to do anything.
    Turning the machine off and waiting for some time,it works again.
    Someone can help me!

Thanks
    Guima