585,956 active members*
4,202 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hurco KM3P HELP

HI,

I'm new to CNCzone so Hi to everyone.

I have two Hurco KM3P mills and the problem I am having is on the 800 the personality board LED does not come on. I get a blinking cursor on one of the CRTs but there is nothing else on the console. I switched out the personality boards between the 800 and 900 and same problem. But when I switched the original Personality board back into the 900 the same problem is occuring in both of them. Please help.

winds1sj

card cages in km3's get notoriously dirty so make sure there are no al. or steel chips in the card slots. Check your cpu board for chips too.

Thanks, Thats the first thing I checked. Is there any way to check for a faulty card cage. I have green lights on everything except the personality board and of course the CPU/graphics card where I see no LED light on the card. Any help would be appreciated

You can check the voltages going into the bottom of the cage board. I was lucky to have a spare one from max32 upgrade of another machine. It had blown a diode. Pull both dual axis boards and see if it boots with out them. I've had a dual axis board go out and do what you're describing. Most of the time I've had what you describe it leads back to the cpu board. Try putting the boards in a different card slot.

Will I lose anything if I send the CPU board out to get repaired at a different location other then Hurco? Such as the programming or any other necessary configuration to run the machine.

All configs are on the memory card. you might lose programs that you had stored on the card if the batteries are bad. The main software for the machine is on the eproms on the memory board so you shouldn't lose anything.

I am fairly confident that it is the CPU on my KM3P. I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was a fuse on the boards or if anything could be done to get this board giong that is a known problem. It is an INTEL PBA 147013 005 with boards on top that are two Intel boards, PBA 146141-004 and PSBX 354 , and a graphics board. It is not the graphics board that is the problem. Thanks if anyone can help

The KM3P's Personality board light came on when I removed the two axis control boards. But went off again when I put each axis board in at a time to find out which one was the problem. Then I took the axis boards out again and no green light. I am hoping for a loose connection but what I need to find out is where the Multibus P1 is located so I can verify voltage to the personality board is present.