585,692 active members*
4,032 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > GibbsCAM > opening postprocessor in GibbsCam 7.7

opening postprocessor in GibbsCam 7.7

Is possibly in program Gibbs Cam to open post processor? How and where that to open postprocesor, that he can be arranged?

Good luck

I haven't visited this site in a long time. Just saw your question. What I think you are asking is.. Can you open the post that Gibbs wrote for your controller, possibly to modify it? If that is what you mean the answer is no. Maybe if your a real computer whiz you can but otherwise, any changes to your post must be done by Gibb's post dept. and they will only do it if you are current on your maintainance agreement. They've done a number of relatively easy mods for me free of charge on a number of different posts, but if it's a major change, they will quote you a price to do it. Your other option is to use the PostHaste posts that come along with the Posthaste package included on your setup disc. There are a lot of controller specific 3 axis mill posts and a few 4 axis ones that can be modified easily by anyone with a clue as to what they want. I have modified a couple of these for Fanuc, Fadal 88 and a Mitsubishi Meldas 530 controllers. You will probably be able to find a post that is close to what you want and modify it to suit your needs. It's a bit of a hassle to post your program since it must be done outside of the Gibbs program, but it works and it's cheap. If your looking for more complicated stuff you should just bite the bullet and pay Gibbs to do it.
    There a lot of power users here who are better than me who could probably give you more specific details.