585,975 active members*
4,903 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Doosan Lathe

Doosan Lathe

hi,
    I use to work on a Doosan 220 LM Machine. Yesterday I had a crash on the machine because I didnt move the turret to a safer position before tool chnage. Is there any safety setting on the machine so that the machine ll read the longest tool and take the turret to a safer position before tool change?

Arrow I think this is the wrong forum title.

I would move this over to the Doosan Lathe forum or if none is avalible, create one. You would get more response to your question. I don't know Doosan controls (list the control also) but most have basic parameters that you can set. What it sounds like is that your longest tool was not touched off in the tool list or part z zero was too far inside the stock face and/or the stock face was incorrectly defined. All machines are a little different on this. On my machine (which is not a Doosan) the longest tool in the Z and the part z zero control the distance the turret backs away for tool change.

Steve.

Thanks for your reply Steve. I am new to CNC Zone. The control is Fanuc Oi. The length offset for the longest tool was set and it had been using in the programme. My Z Zero is on the stock face. This machine is the first Cnc in my company and we bought it three weeks back. I think there is some safety parameter to set.