584,802 active members*
4,769 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > UHU Servo Controllers > HP UHU KITS with PCB's or ?
Page 1 of 2 12

HP UHU KITS with PCB's or ?

To ALL,
    I currently have three remaining HP UHU kits with PCB's. Is there any interest in additional PCB's with or with out parts kitted ? I also have additional parts Kits WITHOUT PCB's if anyones interested ?
    I'm guessing I would need to order in the neighborhood of 50 PCB'S to hold the current prices. Irfanulla & I have been selling kits that include most everything except Uli's UHU chip & crystal, also not included, the heatsink, & small misc things for $150/00 ea or three kits for $425.00 or the bare PCB'S at one for $25 or three for $65. We do NOT sell completed drives. If you are interested in purchasing additional PCB's or Kits let me know here. If there's sufficient committed interest I'll check with the PCB manufacturer for current prices............................
    Tenmetalman

Quote Originally Posted by tenmetalman View Post
    To ALL,
    I currently have three remaining HP UHU kits with PCB's. Is there any interest in additional PCB's with or with out parts kitted ? I also have additional parts Kits WITHOUT PCB's if anyones interested ?
    I'm guessing I would need to order in the neighborhood of 50 PCB'S to hold the current prices. Irfanulla & I have been selling kits that include most everything except Uli's UHU chip & crystal, also not included, the heatsink, & small misc things for $150/00 ea or three kits for $425.00 or the bare PCB'S at one for $25 or three for $65. We do NOT sell completed drives. If you are interested in purchasing additional PCB's or Kits let me know here. If there's sufficient committed interest I'll check with the PCB manufacturer for current prices............................
    Tenmetalman
    I am interested in one of your UHU kits with PCB. How may I pay you?

HP UHU KITS with PCB'S

vaughanatworld,
    If you would e-mail me at "[email protected]" and include your complete mailing address I'll send you a total that includes shipping......
    Thanks for your interest
    Paul

Price went up for the Mosfets by 25C each FYI. This should not impact the kit pricing though - I still have to chk on the pricing for other parts. People interested do keep emailing us, so that we have enough to meet the demand.

RGDS
    Irfan

Additional PCB's ordered

Hey All,
    I've got 30 + PCB's ordered that will be available DEC. 7. I was able to hold my price this time so our price will be the same. Kit's & bare boards available.
    compoment prices are on the rise..............................
    1 piece Bare PCB = $25.00us plus shipping
    2 pieces Bare PCB = $50.00us plus shipping
    3 pieces Bare PCB = $65.00us plus shipping

1 Kit (1 PCB Plus electronic components) = $150.00us plus shipping
    2 Kits (2 PCB's plus electronic components) = $300.00us plus shipping
    3 Kits (3 PCB,s plus electronic components) = $425.00us plus shipping

to you that have asked. I have a few "used" programed chips available that I would sell for $10.00 each including a new crystal. they all work fine . I believe their programed series 3.03 or there abouts........
    ULI is still your best choice for programed chips !!!
    Paul

Inductors needed

Hi Paul,

I tried to contact you through the [email protected] address but no answer so something didn't work right.

I still can't source the inductors from Newark so if possible I'd like to order 5 from you.

Thanks
    John Dammeyer
    [email protected]

Additional kits will be available shortly

I was able to order additional PCB's at the existing price and will have parts to assemble kits by the end of the month.
    Thanks for the continued interest.
    Paul

Update on PCB's and Kits

Hello All,
    I currently have 24 available PCB's and most of the components required for kits. I hope to have the rest of the required parts by Sep. or sooner. I'll keep you'all posted.
    one more time the prices are holding. shipping is going up though, so I've reverted to USPS Priority if at all possible.
    Paul

UHU HP kits

Hello All,
    I now have Six kits assembled and ready for shipment. with in the week I expect to have the remaining parts required to build & ship an additional twenty-four kits.
    It's been a difficult & long part acquiring all of the required components this time around. the reasons being many and varied. Pointing fingers would do no good but I will say I won't let myself become totally depleted as I did this time. Lesson learned.
    I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused & hope all who have went to other drive systems luck. I believe most of the systems out there are of good quality and will do a fine job when used as designed.
    Thanks again
    Paul

SPECIAL DISCOUT for the next five customers

Hello All,
    After all the problems getting all the parts required for the current kits we were able to get some of the parts discounted to us. We're passing that savings on the the first five customers who purchase three kits each during the remaining days in the month of September . the special price to them will be $400.00us plus shipping & handing........................
    Get your order started now...............
    Thanks for your continued interest
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by tenmetalman View Post
    Hello All,
    After all the problems getting all the parts required for the current kits we were able to get some of the parts discounted to us. We're passing that savings on the the first five customers who purchase three kits each during the remaining days in the month of September . the special price to them will be $400.00us plus shipping & handing........................
    Get your order started now...............
    Thanks for your continued interest
    Paul
    OK for this you need to email [email protected]

purchasing kits

how do we get a hold of u?
    E-mail?

yes

Comunication & Purchasing

Good Morning !
    Yes. e-mailing to "[email protected]" will start the thread. It you give me your address in your first e-mail I'll answer any questions the best I can. I'll give you a total cost & my PayPal account address for payment.
    Thanks for your interest
    Paul

Seeking schematics/parts list/PC layout

Sirs,

I purchased one of these kits in late November 2008. Then I got distracted by other duties. Now I am back.

Can someone direct me to the schematics/parts list/layout of Paul's HP UHU controller. Then I will be able to complete the assembly and testing of the board.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Hi,
    Please see this thread. It's a shame the info is scattered around in so many places but with that post I think you should be able to dig it out.

/Henrik.

New Guy

Hi,

I believe you can find the link at "http:www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14217 "

On page 39 you will find thread 1690 "Modified UHU Rev1.0c Power Stage.pdf "

On page 42 you will find thread 1652 "UHU MODIFIED Dated1.4.0b r1.ob.zip "

If that isn't correct anymore please excuse me. I am still having problems finding my way around this site.

Hi,

this is my first post here and there's a reason that i've registered here
    (as i don't speak english very well :-( )

i've got nearly completed PCBs of "UHU HP Rev.10.b 12/2007" and would like to complete and use it.

that one where i get the boards told me that here is all needed information but it is too much and i don't know where to start :-(

what i'm looking for are:
    detailed photos of completed HP-UHU-PCB rev 10b to compare
    (who soldered them told me that i should do it ... he isn't sure at all what he has done :-( )
    furthermore he told me that there is a special sequence to power on the HP-UHU ...

a lot of questions and to read a 2000-post-thread is very difficult for a non-english-speaking guy :-(

Is there anywhere a small manual or HowTo on building and using this boards ?

Regards Pete

Hi,
    Yep, as have been said before, that's the downside of it all. There is A LOT of valuable info available, it's just that it hard to find when you're not sure exactly what you're looking for.

Earlier in this thread there's a link to another thread in which is says where to find the current schematics etc. Here's the link again

Here's a Wiki page outlining the procedure for powering up the drive the very first time. Following it tests the drive step by step and reduces the risk of blowing anything up in case you've got something wrong.

Then, when you have the drives on your machine you should always power up the 15V supply BEFORE the high voltage supply for the motors.

Manual and info on the UHU chip can be found on Uli's web-site

Here's a photo of one of my drives, if you want more detailed photos please tell me of what and I'll see what I can do.

/Henrik.

Hi Henrik,

thanks for your fast answer

i'll study the given links and compare my PCBs with your photo ...

Pete

Page 1 of 2 12