585,978 active members*
4,285 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation VF2 ALARM# 213?

I get this alarm# 213 as soon as the cycle ends. This machine is approx. 4 yrs. old and this is the 1st time we've ever seen this. Can anyone shed some light on what our problem may be?
    Thanks!!!!

Sorry quick reply..

Possible G code problem..or corrupt program..

I would use the "ALL" selection and download all the programs..(this makes one big file with all the programs in one ) Then delete them all..then reload the "all" file and see if that clears it up...
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

According to my manual alarm 213 is Program RAM CRC Error: Electronics fault, possibly with main processor.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

According to my manual alarm 213 is Program RAM CRC Error: Electronics fault, possibly with main processor.
    True..but I have seen it caused by a corrupt file too..hence the suggestion to delete all the files and start over...might not work..but easy to do and cost nothing..
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by wms View Post
    True..but I have seen it caused by a corrupt file too..hence the suggestion to delete all the files and start over...might not work..but easy to do and cost nothing..
    The first time I did this I had about two hundred programs on the machine with non of them backed up to disc. It was really nerve wracking pushing the ERASE ALL key, but it worked and since then is no big deal.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.