585,982 active members*
4,704 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Good quality limit/home switches OR a fix

Greetings All...

Ok, I have a K2CNC 3925 that I bought second hand from a guy who couldn't get it to work. Deal for me, it works NOW.

BUT, here is the thing that I have finally figured out is kicking my butt.

Sometimes, I can make a run of g-code with no problems at all. Just wonderful as far as I am concerned.

But, I have come to learn that my limit/home switches are activating during my cycle. Last year, I figured it was some sort of anomoly with the router and the gecko drives... I was wrong, and have lived with this coookooo setup long enough.

Tonight, the cnc tripped off again, several times.... Rather than hastily reset the trip and try again, I looked at the screen.

Limit switch activated. Is there a way to know which switch is the trouble maker? I have tapped, and what not around the machine trying to find the culprit (keep in mind this activation is momentary so the switch does not stay in the tripped state). I'd much rather have the software capture which switch is giving me the trouble. I looked at a history file, and it states that a limit switch was tripped, but NOT which one....

OR, I could debounce, but that so far has not worked. There are two settings for input debounce, and I think I have them both at 100.

Is there a way around this? Is it possible to have the switches only active when I need them?

OR, is there a better switch out there that will not give me this issue? I thought about an Opto switch of sorts....

So, there you have it. Mach 3, running along just fine, and them trips due to liimit switch.....

Regards,

TH

Set the Debounce Interval to 2000 - 3000. Leave the Index debounce alone, it's for a spindle index.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

just a suggestion

I havent even finished my cnc yet, still building it but why not run the same g code but disconnect two of the limit switches, see which one activates? or maybe work out some kind of led to activate when the switch goes on ? just an idea....hope things work out for ya...

Talking

Thanks for the guidance. The default is crazy low at 40 micro seconds... at work, we consider "chatter" anything longer than 2 milli seconds.

I'll give it a go as soon as I get home.... darn work..gettin in the way and all.

Thanks! I set the debounce to 2000 and ran the entire code without any issue.

This has solved a problem that has bugged me for a while.